This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

C/D: Romney/Santorum is the inevitable GOP ticket

#31IvashankoPosted 3/23/2012 9:53:54 AM(edited)
I dont think Palin was a bad a pick for McCain was as bad a pick as most people seem to think.

I actually know some people who were closely connected to McCain's campaign (two of them is also known by another member of this board, SubDeity), and they all said the same thing: McCain's pick of Sarah Palin was out of desperation, since his campaign was convinced they would lose if they did everything conventionally.

Granted, it didn't work, but you can see the logic behin it easily enough.
#32Scorpion122178Posted 3/23/2012 9:50:36 AM
McCain stood no chance. After 8 years of Bush, the repubs could summon the reanimated corps of Ronald Reagan and it still wouldn't have worked, its just a shame the american people have the memory of a goldfish.
---
GT: Scorpion0489
Currently playing: Mass Effect 2, Gears of War 2, Skyrim
#33IvashankoPosted 3/23/2012 10:03:01 AM(edited)
McCain stood no chance. After 8 years of Bush, the repubs could summon the reanimated corps of Ronald Reagan and it still wouldn't have worked, its just a shame the american people have the memory of a goldfish.

I know, and I personally like McCain, so I find it a bit of a shame he did not win the Republican primary in 2000. But you can see why picking a risky but potentially brilliant VP candidate like Palin was logical, even if it did not work out.
#34Justin2KrelianPosted 3/23/2012 10:01:59 AM
Yeah, I think anyone else in the 08 GOP primary would have done worse than McCain.