This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

George Zimmerman Unprotected By Self-Defense Law in Trayvon Martin Killing, Flor

#1CaptainKOPosted 3/21/2012 6:30:33 PM
I know we have a thousand post on this topic, but this gives me comfort.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/21/george-zimmerman-trayvon-martin-_n_1371171.html
---
http://captainko.deviantart.com/
#2marvel_fan333Posted 3/21/2012 6:49:32 PM
It's great that even Florida lawmakers think this situation is bulls***.

Why do we even have this Stand Your Ground law when its been exploited by violent criminals? It's an awful idea of a law and needs to be repealed.
---
TG03's alt.
I actually prefer DC Comics, tbqh.
#3AngelicTouch99Posted 3/21/2012 7:01:14 PM
marvel_fan333 posted...

Why do we even have this Stand Your Ground law when its been exploited by violent criminals? It's an awful idea of a law and needs to be repealed.

I know, we need to outlaw self defense entirely in this country. I mean we already have criminals suing people for injuring themselves when they break into the homeowners house.
---
LolBifrons
#4marvel_fan333Posted 3/21/2012 7:04:19 PM
AngelicTouch99 posted...
marvel_fan333 posted...

I know, we need to outlaw self defense entirely in this country. I mean we already have criminals suing people for injuring themselves when they break into the homeowners house.

Which is just as hilarious as it is f***ed up.

"When I broke into that family's house to murder them in my sleep, I cut my hand on a broken window and stubbed my toe in the dark!"
---
TG03's alt.
I actually prefer DC Comics, tbqh.
#5mizukage2Posted 3/21/2012 7:09:03 PM
marvel_fan333 posted...

Because you should be able to defend yourself. And more often then not, people who try to claim self defense when it doesn't apply go to jail. Remember that old store owner who shot a kid laying on the floor bleeding out that tried to claim self defense?
---
Eye of the Tiger
#6star52789x2Posted 3/21/2012 7:26:44 PM
Good to see an article finally explaining what anyone with half a brain figured out when this started
---
Child, I told you don't follow me home
You're just too perfect for my hands to hold.
#7CaptainKO(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2012 7:27:19 PM
mizukage2 posted...
marvel_fan333 posted...

Because you should be able to defend yourself. And more often then not, people who try to claim self defense when it doesn't apply go to jail. Remember that old store owner who shot a kid laying on the floor bleeding out that tried to claim self defense?

Let's not forget the police officer who shot the handcuffed guy with his gun and claim to be getting his teaser out. Why taser a guy already in handcuffs.
---
http://captainko.deviantart.com/
#8Clique_KillaPosted 3/21/2012 7:29:53 PM
Lol where are all the dumbasses that kept claiming he was protected now? Even the people who made the law say Zimmerman should have been arrested.
---
Killa of Cliques
#9Yami_no_GeimuPosted 3/21/2012 7:40:32 PM
Whatever. Is he going to jail or not?
---
http://i.imgur.com/FuUSV.gif
#10KryptikPosted 3/21/2012 8:14:04 PM
We'll see. That's the intention of the bill crafters, but what about the law's actual application and interpretation when it hits courts? When it actually comes to official charges? Even if they didn't "intend" for this kind of application, there seem to be scads of examples just like this where someone skirts by under this law despite the absurdity of it all.
---
"For the record the N-Gage had the best control setup than any other handheld ever." - ceder
Brawl FC - 3566-1363-7324 'KrptK'