This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Afghanistan's president says Americans are demons

#31RufusNKenRSTierPosted 3/22/2012 11:02:12 PM
You are most welcome.

If nothing else, we helped them when they would have gotten roflstomped by the Russians.
---
In Pie, Bond & Tails posts, read "democrat" as "republican".
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/261-politics/59182173
#32Pogo_MarimoPosted 3/22/2012 11:09:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOiVYbWJDOA&feature=related

See ya, Afghanistan!
---
Endorsed by the C.C.A.A. Booty Patrol
http://www.last.fm/user/Pogo92
#33ROCKS_21Posted 3/23/2012 12:02:53 AM
As if we are really in Aganistan because of the Taliban. The Taliban is like random right wing militias we have here,, basically a non threat to our military. We are actually just over there for business reasons and little else.
---
Even when I was making 2D games, I always think in terms of a 3D world. It was the same back in the Sonic days. ~ Hirokazu Yasuhara
#34Check_matePosted 3/23/2012 12:17:55 AM
BetaSquadron posted...
Then when we fail in our supposed goals, some people get offended and turn into ignorant racists.

This. The chickenhawks itt need to grow thicker skin. They never liked us, they have no reason to like us, and given the recent koran burning and civilian massacre, it's now impossible political suicide for any politicians to like us.
---
Faut péter dans l'eau pour faire des bulles
#35IvashankoPosted 3/23/2012 12:23:54 AM
As if we are really in Aganistan because of the Taliban. The Taliban is like random right wing militias we have here,, basically a non threat to our military. We are actually just over there for business reasons and little else.

That doesn't make sense. Afghanistan has next to nothing. If the only reason America invaded was for economic purposes there are many much better targets in the Middle East than Afghanistan.
#36De EvolutionPosted 3/23/2012 2:21:26 AM
Ivashanko posted...

That doesn't make sense. Afghanistan has next to nothing. If the only reason America invaded was for economic purposes there are many much better targets in the Middle East than Afghanistan.

Afghanistan produces either 80% of the world's opium supply or 80% of the world's heroin comes from their poppy seeds I don't remember which.

As for us making the Taliban? The Taliban was around before we started funding the Pashto fighters in that area of Pakistan and Afghanistan in the late 70's early 80's. We simply armed them and over the course of time they developed their own ideas and goals.

But yes you are correct in that the Taliban was never any type of threat to the US in any way, shape or form. I mean not one Afghan or Pakistani has been involved in any terror plots against the US, it is almost always a foreigner from a Gulf Arab state or North Africa that maybe received training or support from that area which was a haven for Islamic militants. Our issue was that the Taliban was letting foreign groups like Al-Qaeda operate there so we had to go in and Team America their asses.

Unfortunately I'm sure we could have had a much better strategy for Afghanistan if we had tried other methods like talks with the Taliban to go in and specifically target these foreign groups, instead of going after every Muslim brown guy with a gun and kicking down doors of local villages, which made everybody say "Hey these Americans are screwing us all, let''s get them".

But I agree there are far better targets for economic conquest than Afhanistan. We went there to destroy a militant safe haven. Not sure if we accomplished that though because once we leave, Pakistan will do what they want.

---
"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor..."
#37BedsheetGhostPosted 3/23/2012 5:23:28 AM
BetaSquadron posted...
some people get offended and turn into ignorant racists.

It's not racist to call a crappy country a crappy country.
---
My karma ran over your dogma.
#38TakFujiWara88Posted 3/23/2012 6:50:22 AM(edited)
Our continued occupancy isn't doing much more than breed more hostility towards America. When you have soldiers killing your family and friends, burning your holy texts and going on murdering rampages against women and children its hard to see them in a positive light. We should speed up the draw down and leave the country completely. If the Afghan government wants to hire private contractors directly that should be their decision. We won't ever win the "War on Terror" because our actions make it easier for these terror groups to recruit. The same is true about the war on drugs. As long as the government maintains the profitability of the drug trade through its policies we will never win.
---
PSN:sh1nig4milight
#39TreGoodaPosted 3/23/2012 7:08:45 AM
papabear0 posted...
http://jonathanturley.org/2012/03/21/karzai-americans-are-demons/

This week Karzai has added that Americans are “demons” and no better than the Taliban. Karzai then called for divine intervention to defeat the Americans and the Taliban — a dangerous call in a nation known for religious fanaticism: “Let’s pray for God to rescue us from these two demons. There are two demons in our country now.”

What? They have God on their side too?

Did anybody tell this guy that God already blessed America?
---
"Get a life! What? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives."
#40JonWood007Posted 3/23/2012 9:30:24 AM
Establishing democracy in the Middle East has worked out sooo well for us...

Yeah, if they hate us that much, let's just get the heck out.
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 5850 | 1 TB HD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HD | W7 | 1366x768