This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

"No justice, no peace; f*** the police"

#1Anti_PhiIosophyPosted 3/22/2012 6:12:11 AM
http://libcom.org/news/occupy-wall-street-meets-million-hoodie-march-22032012
---
http://www.red-marx.com
No bulls***, just Communism
#2EsracPosted 3/22/2012 6:15:27 AM
Indeed.
#3Red_Ice_PickPosted 3/22/2012 6:26:22 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4twitterfriendsPosted 3/22/2012 6:29:31 AM
Two things.

Libcom.org ? Wow that's a new one lol.

Don't paint all cops with a single brush.
---
http://i52.tinypic.com/2pzlbuu.jpg
2011-12 Seattle Seahawks 16-0.
#5Red_Ice_PickPosted 3/22/2012 6:32:21 AM
"Occupy Wall Street is a burgeoning (if still somewhat incoherent) populist movement against high finance and inequality. At its best moments it shades towards anti-capitalism and confronting the very state that guarantees the basis of the profit system. At its worst moments it is caught up in all sorts of misconceptions about the locus of power in class society and the role of the police in enforcing property and squelching dissent."

How can this reformist movement be corrected without vanguardism?
---
http://www.revleft.com/vb/group.php?groupid=46
#6Xenogears15Posted 3/22/2012 6:38:34 AM
Red_Ice_Pick posted...
"Occupy Wall Street is a burgeoning (if still somewhat incoherent) populist movement against high finance and inequality. At its best moments it shades towards anti-capitalism and confronting the very state that guarantees the basis of the profit system. At its worst moments it is caught up in all sorts of misconceptions about the locus of power in class society and the role of the police in enforcing property and squelching dissent."

How can this reformist movement be corrected without vanguardism?

What?
---
This rant was brought to you by your local random thinker.
Jonathan "Intangibles" Toews: GP: 50|G: 27|A: 24|P: 51|+/-: 16|GW: 4
#7NoName999Posted 3/22/2012 6:42:11 AM
twitterfriends posted...

The cops are doing a good job of that to themselves. lol
---
"This grass feels funny," Kirby thought. It feels like.... pants
#8KradekPosted 3/22/2012 8:01:19 AM(edited)
NoName999 posted...
twitterfriends posted...

The cops are doing a good job of that to themselves. lol

No they're not. The average cop is just a regular guy who probably got started in law enforcement for noble intentions, but after politics and BS he only stays to support his family/self. I will go ahead and say that every precinct most likely has 3-5 corrupt cops (depending on the size), but the whole compound is not tainted by evil like so many people want to act like. Most law enforcement are just regular people trying to survive in this world like us. Do you think they all appreciate their orders 100% of the time? Probably not, but your boss has probably given you orders you didn't like. Did you give him the middle finger and tell him to **** off or did you just do it (general question to anybody)?

I totally support being against individual cops when they use brutality and corruption to afflict pain upon others, but this whole "all police are scum" mentality is just idiotic and infantile in nature.
---
The saddest employees are the virgins who work for Trojan by helping others get some.
#9NoName999Posted 3/22/2012 8:02:00 AM
When I said cops, I meant the police culture that protects the shady ones.

Not the decent ones. Even they should call out more on the bad ones' bull****.
---
"This grass feels funny," Kirby thought. It feels like.... pants
#10kmick2Posted 3/22/2012 8:07:23 AM
I wonder if this "Million Hoody March" is also addressing the infinitely more prevalent black-on-black crime with such vitriol and fervor.

My magic 8-Ball says no, because apparently these people have no problem with killing each other, but when it's a white person (Hispanic in this case), it's time to hit the streets running.
---
Don't go around saying the world owes you a living.The world owes you nothing. It was here first.- Mark Twain