This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

"No justice, no peace; f*** the police"

#11Xenogears15Posted 3/22/2012 8:08:59 AM
NoName999 posted...
When I said cops, I meant the police culture that protects the shady ones.

Not the decent ones. Even they should call out more on the bad ones' bull****.

Ding, ding, ding. This is the correct answer, and why most--if not, all--police should be implicated.
---
This rant was brought to you by your local random thinker.
Jonathan "Intangibles" Toews: GP: 50|G: 27|A: 24|P: 51|+/-: 16|GW: 4
#12KnightgeePosted 3/22/2012 9:01:51 AM
The only good cops are cops who arrest other cops for corrupt behavior. If you are knowingly participating in a system where corrupt criminal behavior is being ignored while innocent people suffer and not doing something to combat that, you are not a good cop. You are complicit.

I wonder if this "Million Hoody March" is also addressing the infinitely more prevalent black-on-black crime with such vitriol and fervor.

Why would a march about a specific death address another issue entirely? Don't answer, I know logic didn't actually come into your thought process, which amounted to little more than "me am uncomfortable with racial talk, me am going derail and make this about a topic I feel less uncomfortable about".
---
Life isn't a morality play. Poverty isn't a sign of a moral failing.
#13Masta CroutonPosted 3/22/2012 9:03:22 AM
Why would a march about a specific death address another issue entirely? Don't answer, I know logic didn't actually come into your thought process, which amounted to little more than "me am uncomfortable with racial talk, me am going derail and make this about a topic I feel less uncomfortable about".

lol goddamn. noice.
---
The $1,000,000 bill should have a portrait of Neil Armstrong pissing on Moscow from the Moon.
-FlamingSchoolBus
#14kmick2Posted 3/22/2012 9:37:29 AM
Knightgee posted...
The only good cops are cops who arrest other cops for corrupt behavior. If you are knowingly participating in a system where corrupt criminal behavior is being ignored while innocent people suffer and not doing something to combat that, you are not a good cop. You are complicit.

I wonder if this "Million Hoody March" is also addressing the infinitely more prevalent black-on-black crime with such vitriol and fervor.

Oh, I dunno, just like pointing out hypocrisy where i see it.

You see, the black community seems to stay quiet when a gang member kills another gang member, or when stray bullets kill an innocent kid due to their senseless violence, much like the senseless violence that occurred with this 17 year old kid, and it just seems to me that's it's a wee bit hypocritical to turn a blind eye when black people kill each other on a daily basis, but when a white person does it, it's time to unite.

Yes, I know, irrelevant, right?
---
Don't go around saying the world owes you a living.The world owes you nothing. It was here first.- Mark Twain
#15Xenogears15Posted 3/22/2012 9:47:53 AM
kmick2 posted...
Knightgee posted...

You see, the black community seems to stay quiet when a gang member kills another gang member, or when stray bullets kill an innocent kid due to their senseless violence, much like the senseless violence that occurred with this 17 year old kid, and it just seems to me that's it's a wee bit hypocritical to turn a blind eye when black people kill each other on a daily basis, but when a white person does it, it's time to unite.

It's a red herring is what it is. Irrelevant in other discourse? No. Irrelevant in the current topic of discussion? Yes.
---
This rant was brought to you by your local random thinker.
Jonathan "Intangibles" Toews: GP: 50|G: 27|A: 24|P: 51|+/-: 16|GW: 4
#16The Top CrusaderPosted 3/22/2012 10:00:56 AM
Yeah, some little kid was caught and killed in crossfire in Chicago last weekend (a weekend that had almost 50 shootings). Can't make that a racial issue though, alas. Barely gets any media.
---
----
-----
#17NoName999Posted 3/22/2012 10:06:49 AM
kmick2 posted...

The black community do talk about it, you just purposefully ignore to try to make your useless point/
---
"This grass feels funny," Kirby thought. It feels like.... pants
#18Trips_93Posted 3/22/2012 10:06:57 AM
I like it because the slogan is catchy.
---
I'm a one man revolution
#19TheRealJiraiyaPosted 3/22/2012 10:11:32 AM
twitterfriends posted...
Two things.

Libcom.org ? Wow that's a new one lol.

Don't paint all cops with a single brush.

Even the people who like cops do this. Its either always the cops fault or never the cops fault. But it is the cops fault often enough that something needs to be done.
---
The Conservative that 261 lets use its bathroom sometimes
Pokemon Black friend code: 2365 5789 0884
#20nocturnal travelerPosted 3/22/2012 10:13:46 AM
Anyone who still has a positive view on most cops are either willfully ignorant, or have never been wrongfully harassed by one.
---
--I understand your opinion. I just don't care about it. ~Jedah--