This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

"No justice, no peace; f*** the police"

#21azuresou1Posted 3/22/2012 10:16:06 AM
It's ridiculous to assume that there will never be any abuse of power by cops. Cops are people, and just like the rest of us, there are some that are upstanding paragons of virtue, some that are total psychopaths, and the vast majority that fall within that spectrum. The only difference is they have a greater degree of power.
---
Face it, Blake Griffin is more a SF than (Rashard) Lewis is - Bullet_Proof_18
#22TheRealJiraiyaPosted 3/22/2012 10:16:14 AM
nocturnal traveler posted...
Anyone who still has a positive view on most cops are either willfully ignorant, or have never been wrongfully harassed by one.

My sister was recently, and a bunch of charges were filed against her unfairly. Fortunately, my family has the one thing that can stand up to such activity: money. I cant imagine what would have happened if my sister had been from a poorer family. Makes me mad to think about it.

Not sure if I should tell the whole story or not. I might make a thread about it at some point.
---
The Conservative that 261 lets use its bathroom sometimes
Pokemon Black friend code: 2365 5789 0884
#23KradekPosted 3/22/2012 10:16:42 AM
Knightgee posted...
The only good cops are cops who arrest other cops for corrupt behavior. If you are knowingly participating in a system where corrupt criminal behavior is being ignored while innocent people suffer and not doing something to combat that, you are not a good cop. You are complicit.

I wonder if this "Million Hoody March" is also addressing the infinitely more prevalent black-on-black crime with such vitriol and fervor.

Why would a march about a specific death address another issue entirely? Don't answer, I know logic didn't actually come into your thought process, which amounted to little more than "me am uncomfortable with racial talk, me am going derail and make this about a topic I feel less uncomfortable about".

There are a couple problems with your position:

1) You seem to think that corrupt cops go around announcing that they are corrupt and that everybody they work with knows they are corrupt.

2) You assume the average cop can do something to another average cop. Sure they can report it to the chief, at which point it is in his/her hands, but just because you don't see any action taking place doesn't mean there isn't any.
---
The saddest employees are the virgins who work for Trojan by helping others get some.
#24NoName999Posted 3/22/2012 10:19:04 AM
The Top Crusader posted...
Yeah, some little kid was caught and killed in crossfire in Chicago last weekend (a weekend that had almost 50 shootings). Can't make that a racial issue though, alas. Barely gets any media.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/19/10-dead-chicago-shootings-_n_1362604.html
http://www.rrstar.com/updates/x1907519138/Police-Girl-6-killed-in-shooting-in-Chicago
http://www.suntimes.com/news/crime/11358211-418/one-dead-16-hurt-in-overnight-shootings.html
http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/6-Year-Old-Wounded-in-Drive-By-Shooting-Dies-143070156.html
http://www.ebengregory.com/2012/03/19/ebengregory-psa-chicago-weekend-shootings-10-dead-at-least-40-wounded/

Of course knowing humanity, you probably didn't care about these shootings up until now just to make black people look racist.
---
"This grass feels funny," Kirby thought. It feels like.... pants
#25Masta CroutonPosted 3/22/2012 10:19:09 AM
You assume the average cop can do something to another average cop

this is the problem. corruption is so ingrained in american police, combined with the "protect our own" culture means not enough of them are run out.
---
The $1,000,000 bill should have a portrait of Neil Armstrong pissing on Moscow from the Moon.
-FlamingSchoolBus
#26nocturnal travelerPosted 3/22/2012 10:22:35 AM
My sister was recently, and a bunch of charges were filed against her unfairly. Fortunately, my family has the one thing that can stand up to such activity: money. I cant imagine what would have happened if my sister had been from a poorer family. Makes me mad to think about it.

Not sure if I should tell the whole story or not. I might make a thread about it at some point.

It is maddening. Makes me consider studying law for the purpose of defending those who can't afford good lawyers.

And if you decide to make a thread about your story, I'll definitely post in it.
---
--I understand your opinion. I just don't care about it. ~Jedah--
#27Evil Genius 9Posted 3/22/2012 10:27:43 AM(edited)

There are a couple problems with your position:

1) You seem to think that corrupt cops go around announcing that they are corrupt and that everybody they work with knows they are corrupt.

2) You assume the average cop can do something to another average cop. Sure they can report it to the chief, at which point it is in his/her hands, but just because you don't see any action taking place doesn't mean there isn't any.

If a "good" cop reports corruption to his superiors, and the superiors refuse to do anything, then the good cop should make it public knowledge. How often do you actually hear about cops blowing the whistle on other cops? Not very often. You're a fool if you think cops aren't covering for each other 99% of the time when misconduct occurs. When it finally comes to head, and it will -- pick up a history book, we all know how the story ends -- the "good" cops who just kept their mouths shut and their heads down are going suffer right along with the worst of them, and deservedly so.

---
"Images of males or females should cover the crotch and anus completely." -- SBAllen, 12/14/2011
GameFAQs
#28KradekPosted 3/22/2012 10:27:48 AM
nocturnal traveler posted...
Anyone who still has a positive view on most cops are either willfully ignorant, or have never been wrongfully harassed by one.

So because one cop may have harassed you, therefore most cops are in the wrong? I've been pulled over by some cool as hell cops. Therefore most cops are cool. /yourlogic
---
The saddest employees are the virgins who work for Trojan by helping others get some.
#29Masta CroutonPosted 3/22/2012 10:30:18 AM
i seriously doubt his use of the word one was related to how many bad cops he has seen.
---
The $1,000,000 bill should have a portrait of Neil Armstrong pissing on Moscow from the Moon.
-FlamingSchoolBus
#30Nitro378Posted 3/22/2012 10:31:55 AM
Nique la police!
---
http://i585.photobucket.com/albums/ss300/Tails82x/SFD/sadchromeo6.png