This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

"No justice, no peace; f*** the police"

#51KnightgeePosted 3/22/2012 10:17:02 PM
These cops kill our people all the time and get away with it, but I'm supposed to be understanding to cops who let them get away with it because they're just mere mortals? Just regular human beings? We give these guys so much power that they are routinely treated like they are more than human, we let them get away with so much garbage and when it comes time for them to display some basic human decency and morality I'm supposed to remember that they're just mere mortals? No, that's bull.
---
Life isn't a morality play. Poverty isn't a sign of a moral failing.
#52RufusNKenRSTierPosted 3/22/2012 11:49:10 PM

You seem to take Marxism away from its scientific roots

What is so scientific about it?
---
In Pie, Bond & Tails posts, read "democrat" as "republican".
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/261-politics/59182173
#53nocturnal travelerPosted 3/23/2012 12:42:44 AM
And that 99% sounds made up Evil, much like the rest of your post. I'm curious where you got those statistics though. Though I do agree that cops should blow the whistle more often, but more often than not they are probably thinking of their own safety. Let's say Sgt. Davis has connections to crime drug lord and is a collector for him. Lt. Brown finds out and makes a public announcement, sending Sgt. Davis and potentially the drug lord to jail. Lt. Brown is therefore safe right? I mean, it's not like anybody ever puts out hits from jail or anything, oh wait...It's not like they have friends on the outside, oh wait...

The potential consequence of selling out a fellow cop isn't just dirty looks from the work place or name calling behind your back, it can be problematic with your very ability to live. For smaller offenses like police brutality, yes, they should endure the insults so the victim may have justice, but in the end the decision is left to only a mere mortal.

Huh? I didn't say anything about 99% O_o.

Anyways, your example just proves that we give cops too much power, and not enough consequences for abusing that power. With great power comes great responsibility, and whenever a cop abuses that power, it's time to take it away, or at least cripple it.
---
--I understand your opinion. I just don't care about it. ~Jedah--
#54hatrickpatrickPosted 3/23/2012 8:56:18 AM
Kradek posted...
NoName999 posted...
twitterfriends posted...

Don't paint all cops with a single brush.

The cops are doing a good job of that to themselves. lol

No they're not. The average cop is just a regular guy who probably got started in law enforcement for noble intentions, but after politics and BS he only stays to support his family/self. I will go ahead and say that every precinct most likely has 3-5 corrupt cops (depending on the size), but the whole compound is not tainted by evil like so many people want to act like. Most law enforcement are just regular people trying to survive in this world like us. Do you think they all appreciate their orders 100% of the time? Probably not, but your boss has probably given you orders you didn't like. Did you give him the middle finger and tell him to **** off or did you just do it (general question to anybody)?

I totally support being against individual cops when they use brutality and corruption to afflict pain upon others, but this whole "all police are scum" mentality is just idiotic and infantile in nature.

It's not about individual cops, it's about the fact that cops as a group do not face the same justice an ordinary citizen does when they commit a crime.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. ~CjayC
~~~THE LONE BOARDWALKER~~~
#55hatrickpatrickPosted 3/23/2012 9:04:10 AM
Why do discussions about revolution always end in discussions about Marxism or other economic systems?
OWS isn't about macroeconomics, it's about white collar crime and the blind eye turned to it by the government. While OWS might seem incoherent, if you actually take a sample of comments from it you will find an overwhelming chorus of "The people who ran the banks into the ground in 2008 should be held accountable, and those banks should have been allowed to fail like any other private company which screws up."

I find it quite amusing when people reduce movements like this to questions or marxism, capitalism, etc. It's not about economic systems, it's about the political system which protects and covers up the crimes of those who have the money to pay for such protection. If an ordinary citizen behaved personally as the directors of Fannie and Freddie behaved professionally they would be at the very least broke and signing up for social welfare, at most in front of a judge to answer questions about their activities.

But if you run a bank? Oh no, it's a bailout from the government, a golden handshake, and possibly a slight slap on the wrist.

It's not about general wealth being a bad thing, it's about wealth which was accumulated dishonestly or criminally.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. ~CjayC
~~~THE LONE BOARDWALKER~~~
#56Anti_PhiIosophy(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2012 9:07:38 AM
RufusNKenRSTier posted...

The fact that our analysis is a systematic one based upon research and we make no conjectures to change reality and merely describe a certain aspect of reality as it is.

You don't see Biologists going around writing articles about how we should all be immortal and have wings and be able to swim underwater, you won't find any Marxist writing a paper about how the proletariat should wake up and start attacking capitalism now, or that capitalism should be run this way or that, or that we should progress to communism immediately.

Our analysis is systematic in a similar fashion to Chemistry/Biology as well. The Chemist/Biologist/Marxist seeks to understand matter/life/capitalism, so they begin with the most basic unit of matter/life/capitalism, the atom/cell/commodity. From here, based on the properties of the atom/cell/commodity, the scientist can proceed in their analysis.
---
http://www.red-marx.com
No bulls***, just Communism
#57Xenogears15Posted 3/23/2012 9:12:17 AM
Anti_PhiIosophy posted...
RufusNKenRSTier posted...

The fact that our analysis is a systematic one based upon research and we make no conjectures to change reality and merely describe a certain aspect of reality as it is.

You don't see Biologists going around writing articles about how we should all be immortal and have wings and be able to swim underwater, you won't find any Marxist writing a paper about how the proletariat should wake up and start attacking capitalism now, or that capitalism should be run this way or that, or that we should progress to communism immediately.

Our analysis is systematic in a similar fashion to Chemistry/Biology as well. The Chemist/Biologist/Marxist seeks to understand matter/life/capitalism, so they begin with the most basic unit of matter/life/capitalism, the atom/cell/commodity. From here, based on the properties of the atom/cell/commodity, the scientist can proceed in their analysis.

Is it just me or did you just talk out of both sides of your mouth on this one? Because I honestly do not follow.
---
This rant was brought to you by your local random thinker.
Jonathan "Intangibles" Toews: GP: 50|G: 27|A: 24|P: 51|+/-: 16|GW: 4