This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Liberals: What's the ultimate goal for you guys?

#1Sise_NegPosted 7/5/2012 2:36:52 PM
I get that social issues and environmental issues are of prime importance to many liberals. But is there an ultimate goal? An end in sight? In your opinions, at what point will liberals be content with how the United States is run? What needs to happen for you guys to say "I think the US has progressed enough for me to be proud of our government".

Or do you think there is no end in sight and that certain goals on the liberal agenda will always be unachievable?
---
Everything begins and ends with Sise-Neg!
#2flacodiabloPosted 7/5/2012 3:13:03 PM(edited)
National health care and higher education, no homeless on the streets, and prison population cut by 80%.
That's it for me, Liberals don't agree on everything by the way.
#3IShall_Run_AmokPosted 7/5/2012 3:15:11 PM
"Keep doing better."
---
I married a teenage bikini vampire...on some kind of...fish....
#4cnekansPosted 7/5/2012 3:15:59 PM
We aren't a hivemind.

Personally, I'd love to see UHC. Severely reduced public tuition rates, higher taxes on Jerb Kraters, etc
---
Nighttime261 OG ***is ncsnake***
"That's what happens when you're intellectually flaccid - you just kind of flop about"-ncalvin
#5Master MateriaPosted 7/5/2012 3:16:34 PM
National health care and higher education, no homeless on the streets, and prison population cut by 80%.

National higher education? What does that mean? Or do you just mean free university education?

Interesting thing is the first three will significantly help toward your fourth goal, as would legalizing drugs and similar victimless acts.
---
#6JohnnyTHM1212Posted 7/5/2012 3:17:16 PM
I'd be more curious to what the ultimate goal for Conservatives would be. They clearly hate big government and at the same time will fight to the death to have the white house enforce their "values".
---
He can swim through matter, he has poisoned teeth
His tentacles have murdered, his scream can kill the weak
#7Pitbuller_26Posted 7/5/2012 3:18:31 PM
The ultimate goal? Have a government that can actually provide people with services and rights they need with no fear of those services and rights being stripped. This requires long term thinking, critical thinking, compromise, and trusting those who know what they're talking about rather than lying.

The GOP is the antithesis to long term thinking, critical thinking, compromise, and trusting others with facts.

The Paul Ryan budget may help cut spending in the short term but in the long term, the damage is...devastating to the poor and middle class. Texas GOP wants to ban critical thinking, which is mandatory in being a politician and anywhere else that requires high level thinking.

The GOP refuses to compromise on even the simplest of things unless they will be hammered by their constituents. Take the school loan interest rates that was going to double. The GOP waited until the absolute last minute to do something about it despite getting the warning months before. The transportation bill, take Rand Paul who wanted to attach an anti-abortion part to it or else the whole bill would be scrapped. It took Harry Reid to call him out for being such an ass to get them to pass it.

The GOP hates science. Scientists in their respective fields are the ones who know it best and have put in years, weeks, days and hours into their work. The GOP dismisses facts as a nuisance. The big one being global warming and climate change. We scientists telling them to look at it a different way rather than saying "It was cooler year or we got snow this year meaning global warming doesn't exist." Scientists know their stuff better than an average person and to have their work dismissed so easily, is pathetic.

Plus the GOP waging a war they've lost more than 20 years ago: Abortion. It is a civil right protected by Roe v. Wade. And to them jobs is code for anti-abortion.
---
http://i.imgur.com/fNERH.gif http://i.imgur.com/0MN9i.gif http://i.imgur.com/vuPpy.gif
#8atmasabrPosted 7/5/2012 4:12:32 PM
How come no one cares what moderates' goals are? :(
---
Do your own research!
#9Le_CorbeauPosted 7/5/2012 4:13:14 PM
IShall_Run_Amok posted...
"Keep doing better."

Sums it up.
---
Le corbeau dit: "Jamais plus!"
#10gamesrgreatPosted 7/5/2012 4:14:35 PM
How come no one cares what moderates' goals are? :(