This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is The Dark Knight Rises a right wing flick?

#1cnekansPosted 12/30/2012 3:20:32 PM
Bear with me. I just finished it again. I'm also running a 104 degree fever and I'm not even sure if I'm typing this right now guys. I could be asleep and having weird fever dreams.

So Bane and his little army of miscreants. They acted like what Rush Limbaugh self serviced himself imagining OWS to be. Bunch of "revolutionaries" who are violent towards the police and want to take down the top rung of Gotham City? Please. Subtext!

I need to go puke. ._.
---
Nighttime261 OG *is ncsnake**Hidden Samurai*
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1yejy770v0M
#2BarackaveliPosted 12/30/2012 3:22:21 PM
stop politickin and feel better man
---
They cripple the bird's wing, and then condemn it for not flying as fast as they
http://otacon120.com/
#3TheLichLordPosted 12/30/2012 3:23:18 PM
How are there still people on the internet that don't realize the new batman movies are right leaning?
---
GT: ChronicScorpio
I have autism. Making fun of me is a hate crime.
#4cnekans(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2012 3:26:06 PM
TheLichLord posted...
How are there still people on the internet that don't realize the new batman movies are right leaning?

Me am bad at internetting.
---
#5animebopPosted 12/30/2012 3:41:37 PM
cnekans posted...
Bear with me. I just finished it again. I'm also running a 104 degree fever and I'm not even sure if I'm typing this right now guys. I could be asleep and having weird fever dreams.

So Bane and his little army of miscreants. They acted like what Rush Limbaugh self serviced himself imagining OWS to be. Bunch of "revolutionaries" who are violent towards the police and want to take down the top rung of Gotham City? Please. Subtext!

I need to go puke. ._.

It either argues that the left is a bunch of militant morons, or that bad social policies breed desperation and violence.
---
Internet + video game message board = upper-middle class + never-employed = libertarian
#6Silencer SPosted 12/30/2012 3:45:42 PM
Batman, being a billionaire ubermench who beats up lower income street thugs as a job, has generally always been associated with the right.
Some writers, such as Frank Miller, takes this stance to an extreme by depicting him as borderline fascist. He's not a bad dude, like he gives to charity and has saved the world countless times, but there are certainly right wing undertones in many of his stories.

Want a left-leaning superhero? Superman fits that bill really well (despite the traditionalism and his association with American patriotism... Although its rather insulting to insinuate that these things are any more right than left).

Catwoman in TDKR was pretty left. In the end, it seemed Bane was disguised as a revolutionary but really just wanted to kill everyone with the bomb. So technically, he wasn't really a "leftist" villain.
---
"Give him a fair trial. Then shoot him." - Napoleon Bonaparte after the capture of Andreas Hofer
#7Barenziah Boy ToyPosted 12/30/2012 3:45:44 PM
Left-wingers generally do not support an armed rebellion meant to take down the government infrastructure.

Left-wingers generally believe in "changing from within", "incremental revolution", and changing society VIA government, not by overthrowing it.
---
You don't need a treaty to have free trade. M Rothbard
{Self-Hating Token Asian of the Ivory Tower's Zionist Elite}
#8Magus1947Posted 12/30/2012 3:50:58 PM
Barenziah Boy Toy posted...
Left-wingers generally do not support an armed rebellion meant to take down the government infrastructure.

Left-wingers generally believe in "changing from within", "incremental revolution", and changing society VIA government, not by overthrowing it.

That's the difference between liberals and leftists. Liberals seek change via institutions. Leftists seek armed revolution. Which is why liberals get things done and leftists sit on the sidewalk smoking pot they bought with money from the trust fund their parents gave them.
---
In the corrupted currents of this world, offence's gilded hand may shove by justice, and oft 'tis seen the wicked prize itself buys out the law
#9cnekans(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2012 3:51:15 PM
Barenziah Boy Toy posted...

That's why I said he acted like Rush Limbaugh's wet dream.
---
#10bsballa09Posted 12/30/2012 4:09:34 PM
Bear with me.

Make yourself look big and he won't attack.
---
if you don't want to acknowledge Xmas then just don't say anything, replacing it with Happy Holidays is not only insulting but disrespectful- lulzbro