This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

if fixing the economy is so important, why dont we pass public health care?

#21DragooneerZeroPosted 1/3/2013 9:52:36 AM
and dont forget that its simply a moral booster for ppl who struggle. worrying about being able to get treatment, or the finances involved with treatment is a huge stress factor on many entire communities. stress that contributes to criminal activity, and lack of social ladder climbing.

not to mention that the stress is itself a large factor in health problems (e.g. hypertension) which are disproportionately experienced by those in lower income brackets
---
Is there much left to enumerate? What won't idle, well-fed, unfeeling people invent?
http://www.last.fm/user/AniranC
#22TaiIs82Posted 1/3/2013 10:46:39 AM
"Let's help our citizens" by helping the poor rather than looking out for Obama's personal legacy. "Let's help our citizens" by ditching Obamacare and returning to a private system. Something that serves people best, rather than setting up an unelected 15. Rather than adopting proposals even Democrats have labeled "job-killing" and want to remove. Rather than designing a system so unconstitutional and unworkable that half of businesses who have seriously looked into the provisions plan on dropping coverage to survive. If government regulation is the answer, how come the unions and Obama's best friends get waivers while everyone else gets punished?
---
Legend of 261. Lover of life, free speech, etc.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-zsZfxOCnY
#23Nirvna9Posted 1/3/2013 1:05:05 PM
...fails....just no.
---
We rode on the winds of the rising storm, We ran to the sounds of the thunder. We danced amongst the lightning bolts, and tore the world asunder.
#24Bond_543Posted 1/3/2013 1:18:23 PM
to all the uneducated saying the free market doesnt work in health care. well the free market hasnt been a part of health care for almost 80+ years now. and you can thank the dictator FDR ( one of our worst presidents behind Obama) for that. the free market doesnt work properly when govt and unions get involved with it. before govt got involved health care was affordable to everyone and accessible to anyone.
---
Stop Secular Progressive Dystopias before they ruin America boycott Moveon,MediaMatters,Democracy Alliance,
Think Progress George Soros&OWS=Public Enemy #1
#25Nirvna9Posted 1/3/2013 1:42:07 PM
Okay bond...reverse engines...we undo obama care...since government is still in healthcare how do we remove it?
---
We rode on the winds of the rising storm, We ran to the sounds of the thunder. We danced amongst the lightning bolts, and tore the world asunder.
#26CC RicersPosted 1/3/2013 1:48:13 PM
Sir_Mix_A_Lot posted...
Because liberals won't pay for it and will instead stick their hands in the next guy's pocket and expect him to pay for it.

I have a hard time believing you're an independent when you judge things with the conservative vs. liberal paradigm. You don't have to be a moderate either. In fact you can hold a more extreme position without relying on common labels to contrast yourself with. That's the meaning of independent.
---
Those loonies are gonna blow up the ocean
#27Bond_543Posted 1/3/2013 2:00:13 PM(edited)
we undo all of the rules and regulations that were lobbied for by the AMA and others (that only benefit them and no one else but we were told "ITS FOR OUR SAFETY!") and we make it so govt can never get involved with the medical industry ever again with constitutional amendments. The AMA limits the number of doctors in this country by using govt for their own benefits. Our cost of healthcare would also lower if Europe gave up its govt run monopoly and actually started contributing to new medical research in a meaningful and efficient way.
---
Stop Secular Progressive Dystopias before they ruin America boycott Moveon,MediaMatters,Democracy Alliance,
Think Progress George Soros&OWS=Public Enemy #1
#28wallyPosted 1/3/2013 2:02:00 PM
Bond_543 posted...
we undo all of the rules and regulations that were lobbied for by the AMA and others (that only benefit them and no one else but we were told "ITS FOR OUR SAFETY!") and we make it so govt can never get involved with the medical industry ever again with constitutional amendments. The AMA limits the number of doctors in this country by using govt for their own benefits. Our cost of healthcare would also lower if Europe gave up its govt run monopoly and actually started contributing to new medical research in a meaningful and efficient way.

XD
---
Home is behind, the world ahead. And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night, until the stars are all alight
#29masterbarf(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2013 5:57:22 PM(edited)
Sir_Mix_A_Lot posted...
Because liberals won't pay for it and will instead stick their hands in the next guy's pocket and expect him to pay for it.

are you suggesting that there arent liberal tax payers? thats pretty funny.

thats what taxes are. the govt collects money and spends it on things the country can benefit from. Making sure everybody can get health coverage is as good a thing as anything to invest in, and not just for the ehical reasons conservatives seem to often disregard.

i hear this all the time from the right. "why should group A have to pay for group Bs coverage?" as if the right looks at a miniscule part of a larger picture, and says "well that just doesnt seem right. i cant explain why, but its just a feeling i have"

One group (the ppl in the highest tax bracket) pays more because thats what the tax rate is. Its no more complicated than that. everything taxes pay for, they pay more for. and nobody takes advantage of every program taxes pay for. the whole wealth distribution type argument is a big ball of BS designed to fool idiots into thinking theres a valid argument. that way other idiots can have some catch phrase or buzz word to fall on any time they want to feel like theyre capable of forming a valid thought in their little brains. at least thats what i learned at my liberal pinko institute of higher education. though i distinctly remember something about having to put up your flame shield if you should choose to hate on the player rather than his game.

and public health care is good for the economy period. im not explaining why again. with irrational comments like the one i quoted. the explanantion wouldnd even land.

to ppl saying drive for prifits is good for health care. the federal govt had to pass a law funding research into diseases that werent profitable to treat, or even figure out how to treat. if you want to make a counterpoint, know what youre talking about first at least.
#30No2WookiePosted 1/3/2013 5:56:51 PM
No idea why we don't just pass public healt...

Oh, you meant fixing as in repairing. I thought you meant fixing as in neutering.
---
"How are you not banned yet?" - My wife
The original creator of No2Wookie.jpg