This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would you ever send your kids to an islamic school

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Would you ever send your kids to an islamic school
3 years ago#1
31.2% (39 votes)
68.8% (86 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Now when I say Islamic school I don't mean Sharia law, girls with Burkas etc etc

The best way to describe it without a paragraph would be Catholic school, but with Islam instead of catholicism

Second, this lets say high school has a top notch everything

the Graduation rate
College acceptance

Everything you could possibly rank them on they are in the top percentile.

Your child has to take one religion class every year, doesnt have to convert or anything like that, will attend about 5 services per year for holidays etc but everything else will be a normal school.

Also the schools pricey in tuition but ncsnake sent you a coupon so it's free
I will not change this sig until Alterac Valley is reverted pre-BC
3 years ago#2
Free top notch schooling for my kids?

Sure, sign me the **** up.
Mankind has had ten-thousand years of experience at fighting and if we must fight, we have no excuse for not fighting well. -Thomas Edward Lawrence
3 years ago#3
itcheyness posted...
Free top notch schooling for my kids?

Sure, sign me the **** up.

The Official Shiek Mainer in SSBB.
I am ZERO! The deck maker o' DOOM!
3 years ago#4
No, I wouldn't want to send them to a Christian school either.

I would prefer private over public schooling, but non theist if at all possible.

Edit: I missed that it's free...that's possibly a deal maker.
I think he means that if Romney was shocked every time he lied, we'd end up with two black candidates ;)- AlucardSX
3 years ago#5
Do they give typical breaks for students? Like for Christmas and what not?
I will close this account if Final Fantasy XV is announced to be for either the Vita or 3DS.
Fire Yoichi Wada
3 years ago#6
Whichever school is closer.
Gary Johnson 2012
Why the hell not?
3 years ago#7
My view on it is the same as my view on sending my kids to a Catholic school. In other words, no.

Edit: And that's even accounting for the unrealistic scenario in which it's both top-notch and free to attend. If the Republicans offered to fund public schools to the point that they're all superb in exchange for the right to use them for religious indoctrination, I'd tell them to shove it. Someone shouldn't have to make that trade-off.
3 years ago#8
No I wouldn't. Nothing against Islam, but being a Christian myself I would want to raise my child as one. If they later in life want to research Islam and stuff then they will be free to do so
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
Making the human race look better one day at a time
3 years ago#9
As long as the school supplements and reinforces our core American values, freedom of speech and expression, tolerance, and to be a good person, and not Derpa Derpa Muhammad Jihad, Death to America, sure.

I wouldn't send my kid to the top school in Iran or Saudi Arabia, but an American school with an Islamic angle wouldn't bother me much.
3 years ago#10
If I were living in a Muslim country (not gonna happen) then sure, unless the alternative is an even better Godless Western Infidel school.
...things that work interest us less than things that don't.
--Adam Gopnik
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Would you ever send your kids to an islamic school

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived