This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would you ever send your kids to an islamic school

#1TheshamenPosted 1/8/2013 11:39:32 PM
READ MY POST BEFORE PICKING YOUR ANSWER - Results (125 votes)
Yes
31.2% (39 votes)
No
68.8% (86 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Now when I say Islamic school I don't mean Sharia law, girls with Burkas etc etc

The best way to describe it without a paragraph would be Catholic school, but with Islam instead of catholicism

Second, this lets say high school has a top notch everything

the Graduation rate
College acceptance
Sports
Arts
Academics

Everything you could possibly rank them on they are in the top percentile.

Your child has to take one religion class every year, doesnt have to convert or anything like that, will attend about 5 services per year for holidays etc but everything else will be a normal school.

Also the schools pricey in tuition but ncsnake sent you a coupon so it's free
---
I will not change this sig until Alterac Valley is reverted pre-BC http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/969937114
12/21/08
#2itcheynessPosted 1/8/2013 11:43:45 PM
Free top notch schooling for my kids?

Sure, sign me the **** up.
---
Mankind has had ten-thousand years of experience at fighting and if we must fight, we have no excuse for not fighting well. -Thomas Edward Lawrence
#3Zero_DestroyerPosted 1/8/2013 11:44:10 PM
itcheyness posted...
Free top notch schooling for my kids?

Sure, sign me the **** up.

^That.
---
The Official Shiek Mainer in SSBB.
I am ZERO! The deck maker o' DOOM!
#4KradekPosted 1/8/2013 11:47:59 PM(edited)
No, I wouldn't want to send them to a Christian school either.

I would prefer private over public schooling, but non theist if at all possible.

Edit: I missed that it's free...that's possibly a deal maker.
---
I think he means that if Romney was shocked every time he lied, we'd end up with two black candidates ;)- AlucardSX
#5ForsakenHermitPosted 1/8/2013 11:47:16 PM
Do they give typical breaks for students? Like for Christmas and what not?
---
I will close this account if Final Fantasy XV is announced to be for either the Vita or 3DS.
Fire Yoichi Wada
#6NinjawoflcatPosted 1/8/2013 11:49:55 PM
Whichever school is closer.
---
Gary Johnson 2012
Why the hell not?
#7Brett8Posted 1/8/2013 11:52:39 PM(edited)
My view on it is the same as my view on sending my kids to a Catholic school. In other words, no.

Edit: And that's even accounting for the unrealistic scenario in which it's both top-notch and free to attend. If the Republicans offered to fund public schools to the point that they're all superb in exchange for the right to use them for religious indoctrination, I'd tell them to shove it. Someone shouldn't have to make that trade-off.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/Brettyb16
#8robert21Posted 1/8/2013 11:52:42 PM
No I wouldn't. Nothing against Islam, but being a Christian myself I would want to raise my child as one. If they later in life want to research Islam and stuff then they will be free to do so
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
Making the human race look better one day at a time
#9UnrivaledKoopaPosted 1/9/2013 12:01:51 AM
As long as the school supplements and reinforces our core American values, freedom of speech and expression, tolerance, and to be a good person, and not Derpa Derpa Muhammad Jihad, Death to America, sure.

I wouldn't send my kid to the top school in Iran or Saudi Arabia, but an American school with an Islamic angle wouldn't bother me much.
#10sfcalimariPosted 1/9/2013 12:04:11 AM
If I were living in a Muslim country (not gonna happen) then sure, unless the alternative is an even better Godless Western Infidel school.
---
...things that work interest us less than things that don't.
--Adam Gopnik