This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Obama's proposed firearms-related executive orders:

#21dirtyarmenianPosted 1/11/2013 3:23:51 PM
Enforcing gun laws already on the books takes away the freedom of gun owners to purchase and own guns illegally. Therefore, I can't support this tyrannical action by the Obama administration.
---
"...and Jesus went up to the mountain and said, 'The poor? F*** them, get a job!!!"
- Conservatroll New Testament
#22JIC X(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2013 3:29:02 PM
Hear, hear!
---
And that is why the age of magic is at an end. {WoT}, Emeritus
#23Smelly_GaragePosted 1/11/2013 3:29:56 PM
Liberals should be mad about these half-hearted measures, not conservatives
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me47eerE2y1qj1yp2o1_500.gif
#24NavexPosted 1/11/2013 3:34:09 PM
The only people that actually think Obama is trying to ban guns outright are dumbass rednecks who can't read and/or lack reading comprehension and just want to show off their idiocy publicly. I unfortunately live in a state that's very pro-gun rights so I have quite a few friends who lately have made it their job to post nonsensical posts about this subject and it downright embarrasses me since none of them have any inkling of an idea what they speak of.

Not just them but I speak of many people when I say I cannot believe how many people are unaware of how this country works when it comes to legislation, laws, rulings, etc. Most do not have a clue of how the senate works, what congress does, or what the president can actually do. For the latter most people I've heard around here talk about him like he's a ****ing king and any whim of his comes to immediate fruition. Umm no, this isn't a dictatorship, monarchy, etc he can't order whatever he wants and get it immediately enacted but these people think otherwise. I'm guessing social studies and history classes aren't doing much in this teaching area anymore.
---
The Jess Margera Rock Radio Show
7PM-8PM EST every Wednesday night on PoochFM.com
#25Red XlVPosted 1/11/2013 4:15:00 PM
From: Visani_Chante | Posted: 1/11/2013 2:03:46 PM | #005
That's just sad.

The White House made it seem like Obama was going to do something more than tell people to do their job.

Those are pretty much the only things that can be done without new legislation.

From: 98fm9sajf9mdnr2 | Posted: 1/11/2013 3:14:55 PM | #011
Liberals can't even pass a meaningful budget without kicking the can down the road.

This would imply that the budgets voted on by the Republican House are "meaningful". LOL Ryan budget.
---
A bad enough dude to save the President.
"We chose more government instead of more freedom." - Marco Rubio (R-Florida)
#26MasterEchuPosted 1/11/2013 4:44:53 PM
Le_Corbeau posted...
If that was all that was being done (and it most likely IS all that can be done through executive action), that'd be one thing.

Unfortunately, there's legislative action being proposed that's worse.

I know what you mean, this is actually a good thing as, even I have to admit I was worried Obama might get a bit too protective as hes not big on trust non-federal law. I really hope(man this is shocking to say) that Obama gets his way
---
Morality is not fleeting, games or alternate realities will not change what is right and wrong if you reallly belive in them.
Yes my spelling stinks, quiet!
#27BahamutPosted 1/11/2013 4:51:19 PM
Le_Corbeau posted...
If that was all that was being done (and it most likely IS all that can be done through executive action), that'd be one thing.

Unfortunately, there's legislative action being proposed that's worse.

Proposing legislation? How dictatorial.
---
"If you give me six lines written by the hand of the most honest of men, I will find something in them which will hang him." -Cardinal Richelieu
#28CountPopeulaPosted 1/11/2013 5:05:46 PM
Kai_Laguna posted...
So basically, Obama knows he'd never get any of this to fly with the house. So he's decided to go completely over their heads.
My question is, WHERE THE HELL WERE THESE POWERS WHEN WE WERE GETTING F***ED SIDEWAYS DURING THE BUDGET BATTLE!?

All budget and spending bills must originate in the House, per the Constitution.
---
I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. - Voltaire