This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Chris Christie blasts NRA ad that makes stupid point about guns and Obama's kids

#1Barenziah Boy ToyPosted 1/17/2013 5:19:11 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/christie-nra-ad-obama-daughters-reprehensible-230123003--politics.html

Christie: NRA ad with Obama daughters ‘reprehensible’
Blunt-speaking New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, thought to be eyeing a 2016 run for the Republican presidential nomination, blasted an NRA ad that mentions President Barack Obama's daughters as "reprehensible" and warned it "demeans" the powerful gun-rights group.

"To talk about the president’s children, or any public officer’s children, who have—not by their own choice, but by requirement—to have protection, and to use that somehow to try to make a political point is reprehensible," Christie said.

"The president doesn’t have a choice, and his children don’t have a choice, of whether they’re going to be protected or not," the governor said. "It’s awful to bring public figures' children into the political debate. They don’t deserve to be there." He added that "for any of us who are public figures, you see that kind of ad, and you cringe, you cringe."

---
You don't need a treaty to have free trade. M Rothbard
{Self-Hating Token Asian of the Ivory Tower's Zionist Elite}
#2Yami_no_GeimuPosted 1/17/2013 5:29:33 PM
"blasts" the NRA? Can we not use such silly terms? "Blasts," "slams," "destroys," "trashes..." The violence is even ingrained in our language now for goodness' sakes.

How about "criticizes?"
"Scolds?"
"Chides?"
---
http://i.imgur.com/VqNkx.gif
#3CobraShuttlePosted 1/17/2013 5:50:33 PM
I'll tell you what's reprehensible. Using kids as props to make an appeal at emotion instead of logic in order to take our rights away. It's reprehensible that he thinks it's a good idea for his kids to be protected at school by armed guards, but not everyone else kids.
---
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| PRESENTED IN GLORIOUS EXTRA COLOR |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
#4CountPopeulaPosted 1/17/2013 5:54:12 PM
CobraShuttle posted...
I'll tell you what's reprehensible. Using kids as props to make an appeal at emotion instead of logic in order to take our rights away. It's reprehensible that he thinks it's a good idea for his kids to be protected at school by armed guards, but not everyone else kids.

I don't see why.

Do you not think that his children are more likely to be targeted than everyone else's? That's why they have Secret Service protection.
---
I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. - Voltaire
#5itcheynessPosted 1/17/2013 5:54:50 PM

Considering that there are dozens of people in the world who would love to have the presidents kids as hostage as opposed to the zero for other kids...
---
Mankind has had ten-thousand years of experience at fighting and if we must fight, we have no excuse for not fighting well. -Thomas Edward Lawrence
#6TheRealJiraiyaPosted 1/17/2013 5:55:42 PM
Yami_no_Geimu posted...
"blasts" the NRA? Can we not use such silly terms? "Blasts," "slams," "destroys," "trashes..." The violence is even ingrained in our language now for goodness' sakes.

How about "criticizes?"
"Scolds?"
"Chides?"

Holy smokes, no need to shoot down his word choice like that
---
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. -Plato
http://tinyurl.com/JoinThisIRunIt
#7Yami_no_GeimuPosted 1/17/2013 5:58:27 PM
cute
---
http://i.imgur.com/winj8.gif
#8Zero_DestroyerPosted 1/17/2013 5:59:53 PM
Christie's a clear frontrunner for the Democratic Party in 2016.
---
The Official Shiek Mainer in SSBB.
I am ZERO! The deck maker o' DOOM!
#9CobraShuttlePosted 1/17/2013 6:04:09 PM
CountPopeula posted...
CobraShuttle posted...

I don't see why.

Do you not think that his children are more likely to be targeted than everyone else's? That's why they have Secret Service protection.

Irrelevant if they are or not. He says he doesn't think adding more guns in schools, aka security guards, will solve anything. If that's the case why does he send his kids to a school that has them? He won't even entertain the idea to let other schools do the same. My kids and other kids are important too, regardless if they are high targets or not.
---
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| PRESENTED IN GLORIOUS EXTRA COLOR |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
#10CountPopeulaPosted 1/17/2013 6:06:34 PM
CobraShuttle posted...
CountPopeula posted...
CobraShuttle posted...

I don't see why.

Irrelevant if they are or not. He says he doesn't think adding more guns in schools, aka security guards, will solve anything. If that's the case why does he send his kids to a school that has them? He won't even entertain the idea to let other schools do the same. My kids and other kids are important too, regardless if they are high targets or not.

His children have Secret Service details. Did you ever consider there were other reasons he chose the school he did and may not have a problem if the school didn't have armed guards?
---
I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. - Voltaire