This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Chris Christie blasts NRA ad that makes stupid point about guns and Obama's kids

#51CountPopeulaPosted 1/17/2013 11:36:57 PM
Sniper_Brosef posted...
EVERYONE seems to be missing the point here. The NRA is NOT pointing out the fact that Obama's kids have Secret Service guards. The NRA is pointing out that the school they attend has their own guards.

No, I didn't miss that point. If you go back and read you'll see I said that was likely a secondary concern, due to the fact that his kids have literally the best bodyguards in the world. He clearly sent them to the best school he could find, because he made millions of dollars from his last book. The security was a secondary concern at best, and he isn't arguing the the school his children attend not get rid of the armed guards.
---
I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. - Voltaire
#52fudrickPosted 1/17/2013 11:44:36 PM
Pale Horseman posted...
I am sorry but the children of the president, any president, has a higher chance of being a target for attack or kidnapping than almost any other American citizen due to the office the President holds.
Average civilians do not run the country, so their kids are no where near as important.

That's not a rebuttal to my contention against that post.
---
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious
#53Bond_543Posted 1/17/2013 11:46:47 PM
No, Obama's children have a Secret Service detail to protect them. That's quite different from an armed guard. They're an elite honor guard with extensive training who are assigned to protect specific, high-risk people. They're bodyguards, not general security.

obamas children have both. the teachers and staff at their school carry guns not just the secret service.. just like teachers that opt to carry guns at public schools have CCW training.
---
Stop Secular Progressive Dystopias before they ruin America boycott Moveon,MediaMatters,Democracy Alliance,
Think Progress George Soros&OWS=Public Enemy #1
#54Bond_543Posted 1/17/2013 11:49:00 PM
Do you seriously think this country has the money to have armed security at every single school?

this isnt an issue teachers can volunteer for it and most CCW instructors would teach them for free.
---
Stop Secular Progressive Dystopias before they ruin America boycott Moveon,MediaMatters,Democracy Alliance,
#55Barenziah Boy Toy(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 12:00:48 AM
The NRA is pointing out that the school they attend has their own guards.
Perhaps because the school that Obama's girls go to is an elite private school whose students are the children of some of the most high-profile citizens of this country. Again, PRIVATE SCHOOL.
---
You don't need a treaty to have free trade. M Rothbard
{Self-Hating Token Asian of the Ivory Tower's Zionist Elite}
#56Bond_543Posted 1/18/2013 12:27:45 AM(edited)
No, I didn't miss that point. If you go back and read you'll see I said that was likely a secondary concern, due to the fact that his kids have literally the best bodyguards in the world. He clearly sent them to the best school he could find, because he made millions of dollars from his last book. The security was a secondary concern at best, and he isn't arguing the the school his children attend not get rid of the armed guards.

obviously the secret service thinks that the staff and security being armed there is a good idea otherwise obama's daughters wouldnt be allowed to go there or the staff wouldnt even be allowed to carry around guns... b/c the secret service has the responsibility and the power to control the environment as they please to keep them safe. this is hypocrisy from dems plain and simple.
---
#57CyborgSage00x0Posted 1/18/2013 1:08:01 AM
The moonlight knight posted...
Are there seriously people who don't understand why the president's children have extra protection or are they just trolling?

Either way I've a very low opinion of them.

No, there are just seriously a LOT of people on this board that still don't understand that CobraShuttle and Aristotle are TROLLS. Let me repeat that: TROLLS.

You know, the 261 definition of trolling, in that they really are trolls, or just have such mind-bendingly stupid conservative viewpoints that they might as well be trolling. And yet, I have personally seen almost everyone in this topic respond to these 2 (and many more!) in other topics, so most of you KNOW THEY ARE TROLLS. Blame yourselves.

Everyone, right now, get out a piece of paper and a pen, or open your ignore list, and add those 2 to the list, or make a personal memo to ignore their posts. For one of the most trolled boards on all of GameFAQs, it makes me sick to see trolls costantly give topics extra life because you people fall for it time and again. It's perplexing, really.

So please, stop it. Thank you.
---
Currently playing: Borderlands 2, LoL, Super Mario 3DS, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Pokemon White 2, NSMB3DS.
#58RickMoranisPosted 1/18/2013 3:30:20 AM
CyborgSage00x0 posted...
The moonlight knight posted...
Are there seriously people who don't understand why the president's children have extra protection or are they just trolling?

Either way I've a very low opinion of them.

No, there are just seriously a LOT of people on this board that still don't understand that CobraShuttle and Aristotle are TROLLS. Let me repeat that: TROLLS.

You know, the 261 definition of trolling, in that they really are trolls, or just have such mind-bendingly stupid conservative viewpoints that they might as well be trolling. And yet, I have personally seen almost everyone in this topic respond to these 2 (and many more!) in other topics, so most of you KNOW THEY ARE TROLLS. Blame yourselves.

Everyone, right now, get out a piece of paper and a pen, or open your ignore list, and add those 2 to the list, or make a personal memo to ignore their posts. For one of the most trolled boards on all of GameFAQs, it makes me sick to see trolls costantly give topics extra life because you people fall for it time and again. It's perplexing, really.

So please, stop it. Thank you.

This guy is MAD!
---
Moranis 3:16 says I just shrunk your ass!
#59trentonchasePosted 1/18/2013 3:44:50 AM
Bond_543 posted...
Do you seriously think this country has the money to have armed security at every single school?

this isnt an issue teachers can volunteer for it and most CCW instructors would teach them for free.

If that is the case, then what's the issue? Unless you're saying that teachers should have to "volunteer" for the training and arm themselves, which infringes on their right not to do so.
---
Born amidst salt and smoke? Is he a ham?
#60IShall_Run_AmokPosted 1/18/2013 4:49:56 AM(edited)
Barenziah Boy Toy posted...
Perhaps because the school that Obama's girls go to is an elite private school whose students are the children of some of the most high-profile citizens of this country. Again, PRIVATE SCHOOL.

To put this in ideological terms: conservatives want to enact liberal spending measures (necessary in order to hire all those armed guards in all those public schools) in order to provide all of certain public facilities with a service they themselves are associating with services offered by a top-of-the-line private business that only the rich can afford. I'm fine with that, really. Especially if we get to tax the rich and defund the military in order to pay for it. Good stuff, that.

My question is, why can't we do this with health care? Preventable health issues are far more of a threat to us and our children than mass shootings ever could be, and yet as far as many conservatives are concerned, one cent spent in this endeavor would be a dire and heinous crime indeed. Could it be that this whole "armed guards" business is merely a desperate attempt to divert the issue away from "TRK AH GHEURNS", and really has little to do with the public good?
---
I like the idea of bears.