This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

It's not that hard to know what an assault rifle is

#1bsChainedPosted 1/17/2013 11:58:11 PM
First of all, assault weapons is a made-up political term used for rifles that have "scary" features such as a pistol grip or bayonet. An assault rifle is a rifle that fires in an automatic or burst fire mode. Assault rifles have been banned in nearly every case for some time now.

This IS an assault rifle:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/40/M14_rifle_-_USA_-_7%2C62x51mm_-_Arm%C3%A9museum.jpg

This IS NOT an assault rifle:

http://www.slickguns.com/specialpages/sport.jpg

Assault Weapons ban is a ban on guns mostly on cosmetic features, not on their danger. The media has given the impression that scary-looking rifles are assault weapons when they have frivolous features.
#2seyhan3535Posted 1/18/2013 12:05:33 AM
So lets just ban all military grade rifles and be done with it? Okay good to see your on the same boat.
---
~Lancool k68 ~Fx8350 4.0 ghz ~H100 cooler ~12 gig Gskill ram ~Evga 580gtx classified ultra
#3bsChained(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 12:11:57 AM
seyhan3535 posted...
So lets just ban all military grade rifles and be done with it? Okay good to see your on the same boat.

oh
#4fudrickPosted 1/18/2013 12:30:32 AM
bsChained posted...
First of all, assault weapons is a made-up political term

All terms are "made-up" buddy. Humans invented language.
---
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious
#5bsChained(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 12:34:22 AM
fudrick posted...
bsChained posted...
First of all, assault weapons is a made-up political term

All terms are "made-up" buddy. Humans invented language.

Whoosh
#6fudrickPosted 1/18/2013 12:37:20 AM
bsChained posted...
Whoosh

Sometimes I have difficulty understanding exactly what people mean when they make unspecific statements using words or phrases in unconventional ways like that. Instead of trying to belittle me for that, why don't you explain what you really meant when you said it is a made up term?
---
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious
#7bsChained(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 12:46:35 AM
fudrick posted...
bsChained posted...
Whoosh

Sometimes I have difficulty understanding exactly what people mean when they make unspecific statements using words or phrases in unconventional ways like that. Instead of trying to belittle me for that, why don't you explain what you really meant when you said it is a made up term?

Because maybe if you had finished the rest of the sentence, you know then you'd see:

First of all, assault weapons is a made-up political term used for rifles that have "scary" features such as a pistol grip or bayonet.

That wasn't so hard, was it?
#8fudrickPosted 1/18/2013 12:49:33 AM(edited)
bsChained posted...
Because maybe if you had finished the rest of the sentence, you know then you'd see:

First of all, assault weapons is a made-up political term used for rifles that have "scary" features such as a pistol grip or bayonet.

So it's like any other word, term, or phrase in that it was invented by humans in order to describe something?
---
Best FCs:
#9bsChained(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 12:50:39 AM
fudrick posted...
bsChained posted...

So it's like any other word, term, or phrase in that it was invented by humans in order to describe something?

http://solar.calfinder.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/bp-palin-whoosh.jpg
#10gphjr14Posted 1/18/2013 12:51:09 AM
So out of the 2 which has a higher ammo capacity, better range, and a higher rate of fire?

Actually never mind I just realized you're the kid who used a clip from Boardwalk Empire then said it wasn't Boardwalk Empire. Surprised you didn't have a picture of a steam iron.
---
wiggity wham wham wozzle