This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

It's not that hard to know what an assault rifle is

#11fudrickPosted 1/17/2013 11:55:14 PM
bsChained posted...
http://solar.calfinder.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/bp-palin-whoosh.jpg

I applaud your excellence in the field of elucidating the true meaning of seemingly nonsensical statements you've made.
---
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious
#12bsChained(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 12:06:56 AM
fudrick posted...
bsChained posted...
http://solar.calfinder.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/bp-palin-whoosh.jpg

I applaud your excellence in the field of elucidating the true meaning of seemingly nonsensical statements you've made.

What do you need help understanding? It is a word, made up by politicians, to refer rifles that have frivolous add-ons as suddenly becoming an "assault weapon". Assault weapon is not recognized by any other country. Hell, it isn't even recognized by our own government due to its expiration. In other words, no where in the world does an "assault weapon" refer to what the politicians want it to be. Is that better? I realize now that not everybody understands the AWB. So I apologize if I came as snarky, but your initial post kind of came out the way as well.

gphjr14 posted...
So out of the 2 which has a higher ammo capacity, better range, and a higher rate of fire?

Actually never mind I just realized you're the kid who used a clip from Boardwalk Empire then said it wasn't Boardwalk Empire. Surprised you didn't have a picture of a steam iron.

Oh ok. I was going to answer seriously but I guess not. Which do you think are the answers, though?
#13fudrickPosted 1/18/2013 12:40:58 AM(edited)
bsChained posted...
What do you need help understanding? It is a word, made up by politicians, to refer rifles that have frivolous add-ons as suddenly becoming an "assault weapon". Assault weapon is not recognized by any other country. Hell, it isn't even recognized by our own government due to its expiration. In other words, no where in the world does an "assault weapon" refer to what the politicians want it to be. Is that better? I realize now that not everybody understands the AWB. So I apologize if I came as snarky, but your initial post kind of came out the way as well.

My intention with my post was to demonstrate that criticizing a word, term, or phrase for being "made up" is completely absurd.
---
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious
#14bsChained(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 12:43:33 AM
fudrick posted...
bsChained posted...

My intention with my post was to demonstrate that criticizing a word, term, or phrase for being "made up" is completely absurd.

Which is why I said whoosh. If you had any decent reading comprehension, you would have realized I didn't criticize the word because it was made up, but the reasons why it was made up. You know...what the rest of the sentence was about. Pretty simple, no?
#15fudrickPosted 1/18/2013 12:44:48 AM
bsChained posted...
Which is why I said whoosh. If you had any decent reading comprehension, you would have realized I didn't criticize the word because it was made up, but the reasons why it was made up. You know...what the rest of the sentence was about. Pretty simple, no?

You wouldn't have even addressed the fact that it's a "made up" term if that was the case, though.
---
Best FCs:
#16bsChained(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 12:48:10 AM
fudrick posted...
bsChained posted...

You wouldn't have even addressed the fact that it's a "made up" term if that was the case, though.

I'm baffled by your inability to comprehend simple sentences. Truly astounding.
#17fudrickPosted 1/18/2013 12:59:19 AM(edited)
If you're saying now that you were just pointing out that it's a made up term like every other aspect of language for no real reason, then I suppose that's fine. I just hope you realize that the way the first post was written makes two points, that it is a made up political term and that it is used for rifles that have "scary" features such as a pistol grip or bayonet.
---
Best FCs:
#18bsChained(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 1:04:18 AM
fudrick posted...
If you're saying now that you were just pointing out that it's a made up term like every other aspect of language for no real reason, then I suppose that's fine. I just hope you realize that the way the first post was written makes two points, that it is a made up political term and that it is used for rifles that have "scary" features such as a pistol grip or bayonet.

No it doesn't. It's pretty clear that I criticized the political agenda for why it was made up. They are in the same sentence and nothing is separating them. You are either terrible at comprehension, or just trolling.
#19fudrickPosted 1/18/2013 1:08:57 AM
You already criticized the way the term is used by saying that it's "used for rifles that have "scary" features such as a pistol grip or bayonet." I just really don't see why you would feel the need to address that it's a made up term.
---
Best FCs:
#20bsChained(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 1:16:03 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]