This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dems and Tea Party working together against McConnell

#1omgbreadPosted 1/28/2013 2:15:57 PM
http://www.politico.com/story/2013/01/democrats-tea-party-unite-to-defeat-mitch-mcconnell-86787.html?hp=t3_3

Long story short Dems encouraging and agreeing to give 7 figures to tea party candidates to oust McConnell in primaries. This is actually disgusting to me and marginalizes my ability to blame the GOP for not getting their act together...this should not happen I don't want the GOP more crazy
#2kmick2Posted 1/28/2013 2:19:31 PM
If they can just manage to get him on his back he's ****ed.
---
I can walk away from millions because it's not right, but I'll be damned if I'll back an inch from a dime because it has to be so.-Bruce Lee
#3peach freakPosted 1/28/2013 3:20:29 PM
So why is the Tea Party dissatisfied with McConnell? Has he NOT filibustered enough when his party has been the minority party in the Senate for the past 6 years?
---
Manny Ramirez *24* 2001-2008
Thanks for the memories man.
#4Magus1947Posted 1/28/2013 3:38:49 PM
peach freak posted...
So why is the Tea Party dissatisfied with McConnell? Has he NOT filibustered enough when his party has been the minority party in the Senate for the past 6 years?

The tea party wanted to both go over the cliff and default on the debt. McConnell was instrumental in avoiding both of those.
---
In the corrupted currents of this world, offence's gilded hand may shove by justice, and oft 'tis seen the wicked prize itself buys out the law
#5MegatokyoEdPosted 1/28/2013 3:42:49 PM
Dems must be really confident that a Dem can win in Kentucky against a crazy if they're doing this.

Because a Tea Party crazy will be far worse than McConnell.
---
Demyx is better than Axel.
http://www.last.fm/user/crazydom
#6Red XlVPosted 1/28/2013 3:59:10 PM
peach freak posted...

The tea party wanted to both go over the cliff and default on the debt. McConnell was instrumental in avoiding both of those.

The Tea Party probably isn't smart enough to realize that going over the cliff would've meant across the board tax increases.
---
A bad enough dude to save the President.
"We chose more government instead of more freedom." - Marco Rubio (R-Florida)
#7Barenziah Boy ToyPosted 1/28/2013 4:01:50 PM
This is actually disgusting to me and marginalizes my ability to blame the GOP for not getting their act together...this should not happen I don't want the GOP more crazy
This is akin to the US going to bed with Saddam Hussein or OBL during their Cold War against Russia. I'm not sure if the Dems should be doing this, but they need to tread carefully. Giving extremists and terrorists like the Tea Party any support will definitely cause some blowback.
---
You don't need a treaty to have free trade. M Rothbard
{Self-Hating Token Asian of the Ivory Tower's Zionist Elite}
#8Jayjs20Posted 1/28/2013 4:07:01 PM
Well money disappears after it's spent. Guns and ammo don't disappear until they're used/destroyed.
---
http://www.satirealley.com/images/Anime/LoveLive/Episodes/w2.PNG
#9omgbread(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 4:08:38 PM
Well money disappears after it's spent. Guns and ammo don't disappear until they're used/destroyed.

If the money aids the growth of a radical group of crazies...those crazies stick around
#10wally(Moderator)Posted 1/28/2013 4:50:31 PM
MegatokyoEd posted...
Dems must be really confident that a Dem can win in Kentucky against a crazy if they're doing this.

Because a Tea Party crazy will be far worse than McConnell.

Mitch McConnell has been obnoxiously effective as Senate Minority Leader.
---
Home is behind, the world ahead. And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night, until the stars are all alight