This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dems and Tea Party working together against McConnell

#11TaiIs82Posted 1/28/2013 10:25:36 PM
Wouldn't be the first time Dems set up a "tea party" candidate to divide the vote. It's how we got a Democrat rep here first time in my life (but she's been replaced now, thank God)
---
Legend of 261. Lover of life, free speech, etc.
#12willythemailboyPosted 1/28/2013 11:05:11 PM
wally posted...
MegatokyoEd posted...
Dems must be really confident that a Dem can win in Kentucky against a crazy if they're doing this.

Because a Tea Party crazy will be far worse than McConnell.

Mitch McConnell has been obnoxiously effective as Senate Minority Leader.

And a tea party crazy 1) isn't much of a step down from the Democrat perspective and 2) wouldn't be senior enough to cause too much trouble right away.
---
He who laughs last, thinks fastest.
#13MegatokyoEdPosted 1/28/2013 11:33:30 PM
willythemailboy posted...
wally posted...
MegatokyoEd posted...
Dems must be really confident that a Dem can win in Kentucky against a crazy if they're doing this.

Mitch McConnell has been obnoxiously effective as Senate Minority Leader.

And a tea party crazy 1) isn't much of a step down from the Democrat perspective and 2) wouldn't be senior enough to cause too much trouble right away.

McConnell is annoying no doubt but he also knows when to fold the cards as shown with the fiscal cliff. The guy isn't stupid.

Do we have an idea who would replace him as minority leader?
---
Demyx is better than Axel.
http://www.last.fm/user/crazydom
#14Red XlVPosted 1/29/2013 12:49:50 AM

Rumor is Ashley Judd will run for the seat.
---
A bad enough dude to save the President.
"We chose more government instead of more freedom." - Marco Rubio (R-Florida)
#15McSame_as_BushPosted 1/30/2013 1:15:35 PM
Judd going against a crazy tea-partier telling her how her uterus works would be fun.
---
...I keep his words and eat them, when I need them, to fill the space, when I have nothing left to say...
#16JVillJagsPosted 1/30/2013 3:22:43 PM
They need to break off and make their own party. The policy goals and political methods of the Tea Party and non-Tea Party Republicans are too different to warrant being affiliated with one another. I hope my party stands strong in the face of these non-Republicans infiltrating my party and defeats them.
---
Brief Bio
25 year old grad student from Maine. Republican who watches sports and plays video games.