This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GOP: We don't give a **** that Obama won re-election handily

#1peach freakPosted 2/14/2013 7:09:18 AM
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-02-13/obama-s-minimum-wage-increase-dismissed-by-boehner.html

Don't let the title in the link fool you, there's more to it than that. It's not just the minimum wage issue, but congressional Republicans have essentially responded to everything Obama wants to do in his second term with a simple one-term answer: "No."

So, what good is Obama's second term gonna be? Hoping he gets to replace a SCOTUS justice or two? Ginsburg said that retirement isn't even on her horizon, and she's seen as the most likely to retire. Maybe Stephen Breyer will clear the way for Obama to get another young liberal on SCOTUS, but we haven't heard much from him.

Voters by large margins approved of what was on Obama's second term agenda, but it's ****ing pathetic that little to none of it will get done because the GOP controls one of the two bodies of Congress. The only realistic thing that Obama can get done in a second term is immigration, and that's only because Republicans want to do it because "WE GOTTA DO BETTER WITH HISPANICS".

****ing ugh...
---
Manny Ramirez *24* 2001-2008
Thanks for the memories man.
#2GFGmerlinPosted 2/14/2013 7:15:35 AM
Sigh... Worst GOP ever..
---
Religion: Greatest troll ever.
Second is internet moderators. Third are my english.
#3AganarPosted 2/14/2013 8:23:07 AM
I don't see how this is any different from their attitude during his first term.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/Aganar
#4SaikyoStylePosted 2/14/2013 8:26:46 AM
Yet somehow these spoiled, uppity ****s manage to stay in office.
---
USA Soccer
The north remembers.
#5CynynPosted 2/14/2013 8:28:01 AM
Those comments, also “He spoke of workers’ minimum wages, instead of their maximum potential.” Ugh...
---
I'm gonna pop a ****ing blood vessel here! - OMGWTFPIE
#6DnDerPosted 2/14/2013 8:29:32 AM
Not for lack of trying. Look how handily the republicans were outvoted in house races... And SOMEhow (eyeroll) they just managed to get more members in the House?

So... strange...
---
What has books ever teached us? -- Captain Afrohead
Subject-verb agreement. -- t3h 0n3
#7peach freak(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 8:35:23 AM
The Dems picked up 8 House seats, which was pretty much 1/3 of what they needed to win to get control of the House. The GOP still has a comfortable House majority if that's what you're saying.
---
Manny Ramirez *24* 2001-2008
Thanks for the memories man.
#8No2WookiePosted 2/14/2013 8:43:41 AM
Each one of those republicans also won their own elections against a democrat.
---
"How are you not banned yet?" - My wife
The original creator of No2Wookie.jpg
#9GoldicePosted 2/14/2013 9:33:37 AM(edited)
I like how tying minimum wage to inflation, something supported by the GOPs own candidate AND was increased to inflation adjusted rates BY THEIR GOD REAGAN is a nonstarter.

I just love how everything they do is "now to protect small business". It's their new favorite buzz word.

Anyways, I would kill for just the infrastructure improvements to pass. That'd create a hell of a lot of jobs and improve our daily lives (though I acknowledge it'd cost a lot...so it'd be difficult to figure out. There would have to be taxes / more cuts to get it.).
---
2012-2013 New England Patriots: 10-3
#10SaikyoStylePosted 2/14/2013 9:32:53 AM
Goldice posted...
I like how tying minimum wage to inflation, something supported by the GOPs own candidate AND was increased to inflation adjusted rates BY THEIR GOD REAGAN.

I just love how everything they do is "now to protect small business". It's their new favorite buzz word.

Yeah, suddenly Exxon-Mobil and Monsanto are small businesses.
---
USA Soccer
The north remembers.