This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GOP: We don't give a **** that Obama won re-election handily

#21JohnnyTHM1212Posted 2/14/2013 10:40:01 AM
Clutch posted...
Obama impresses me with his ability to play you guys like a fiddle. He uses his SOTU to dangle a couple of carrots that even he knows have no chance of getting passed, and his supporters predictably work themselves up into a lather. The man is an amazing manipulator.

"How dare you guys respond to the president, way to be tools."
---
He can swim through matter, he has poisoned teeth
His tentacles have murdered, his scream can kill the weak
#22mikmalotPosted 2/14/2013 10:44:20 AM
the final bahamut posted...
No2Wookie posted...
Each one of those republicans also won their own elections against a democrat.

Yeah, they were elected to work together with the president and the democrats toward a better future and to ensure the function of government. Not to hamper the function of government entirely. If Republicans had any real alternative to present or any concept of the word "compromise" that would be one thing, and it would be completely alright. But that isn't what they're doing. Instead they're just sitting on their asses saying "No!".

They're not in it to help America, they're in it to hurt the democrats. They've - LONG ago - betrayed the faith of their constituents and the fact that their constituents haven't accepted this isn't due cause for them to abuse said faith further.

Actually, they probably campaigned on "stopping Obama"
---
Descartes is sitting in a bar, having a drink. The bartender asks him if he wants another. "I think not," he says and vanishes in a puff of logic.
#23BobGeorgePosted 2/14/2013 10:49:40 AM
peach freak posted...
BobGeorge posted...
peach freak posted...
Voters by large margins approved of what was on Obama's second term agenda

I admit, I laughed.

Seriously, will you liberals please stop with this 'the public voted for him, so they obviously support everything he proposes." Have you all forgotten how the large majority of the public was against Obamacare, yet he still rammed it down everyone's throat?

Rammed =/= Nearly a year's worth of debating before taking a vote

"We have to pass [Obamacare] so you can find out what is in it."

I'm sorry, can you remind again me who said that?
---
"You will not see your taxes increased a single dime. I repeat: not one single dime." - Obama 2009
#24the final bahamutPosted 2/14/2013 10:52:41 AM
BobGeorge posted...
peach freak posted...
BobGeorge posted...
peach freak posted...

I admit, I laughed.

Seriously, will you liberals please stop with this 'the public voted for him, so they obviously support everything he proposes." Have you all forgotten how the large majority of the public was against Obamacare, yet he still rammed it down everyone's throat?

I don't know, can you remind me of the context for that quote? But I'm guessing that when it comes to quotes, you don't really know the context because you didn't build that.
---
E ys Bahamut! oui risyhc puna sa! Oui uvvaht sa cahcac!!!
DISCLAIMER: I'm not accountable for this post. I don't know English I just hit keys at random.
#25IamvegitoPosted 2/14/2013 10:52:53 AM
how the large majority of the public was against Obamacare,

And yet they overwhelmingly like everything that's in it when asked, just not when you call it "Obamacare." That's a framing issue due to Faux News and its propaganda-gobblers.
---
"A day will come when you think yourself safe and happy, and suddenly your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth, and you'll know the debt is paid."
#26Heineken14Posted 2/14/2013 11:05:05 AM
BobGeorge posted...
peach freak posted...
BobGeorge posted...
peach freak posted...

I admit, I laughed.

I don't know, can you remind me of the context for that quote? But I'm guessing that when it comes to quotes, you don't really know the context because you didn't build that.

And yet it's nowhere near as bad as McConnel's "We must make Obama a one term president."
---
Rage is a hell of an anesthetic.
#27BobGeorgePosted 2/14/2013 11:11:08 AM
BobGeorge posted...
peach freak posted...
BobGeorge posted...
peach freak posted...

I admit, I laughed.

I don't know

I figured as much.
---
"You will not see your taxes increased a single dime. I repeat: not one single dime." - Obama 2009
#28TheRealJiraiyaPosted 2/14/2013 11:14:15 AM
BobGeorge posted...
I don't know

I figured as much.

I found it funny that you took that out of context so you didnt have to answer a question about context. Very telling.
---
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. -Plato
http://tinyurl.com/JoinThisIRunIt
#29BobGeorgePosted 2/14/2013 11:19:54 AM
TheRealJiraiya posted...
BobGeorge posted...
I don't know

I figured as much.

I found it funny

Then you need to work on your sense of humor my friend.
---
#30TheRealJiraiyaPosted 2/14/2013 11:24:06 AM
BobGeorge posted...
TheRealJiraiya posted...
BobGeorge posted...
I don't know

I figured as much.

I found it funny

Then you need to work

Youre right, I should be working, not laughing ;__;
---
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. -Plato
http://tinyurl.com/JoinThisIRunIt