This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Taxpayer dollars must be spent wisely, or not at all.

#1Sniper_BrosefPosted 2/14/2013 9:29:15 AM
Is this something both parties could agree on?
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#2Nitro378Posted 2/14/2013 9:30:29 AM
Define 'wisely'
---
Zombie Clement Attlee 2015
http://i585.photobucket.com/albums/ss300/Tails82x/SFD/sadchromeo6.png
#3Mal_FetPosted 2/14/2013 9:33:29 AM(edited)
Define 'wisely'

Like how the US spends more on education per student than any other country in the world and yet is among the worst of developed countries in test scores.

I'd say quite a bit of that money is not being wisely appropriated.
---
Controversy is only dreaded by the advocates of error.
#4Sniper_Brosef(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 9:31:59 AM
Nitro378 posted...
Define 'wisely'

Seriously?
---
#5JohnnyTHM1212Posted 2/14/2013 9:32:17 AM
Sniper_Brosef posted...
Is this something both parties could agree on?

Of course not.
---
He can swim through matter, he has poisoned teeth
His tentacles have murdered, his scream can kill the weak
#6Xiahou MaoPosted 2/14/2013 9:32:55 AM
Given the history of the last Republican presidents and congresses, no, I don't think it's something they would agree on. While in opposition I'm sure they'd say that's how they'd be, but when they have power it becomes a completely different story.
---
Xiahou Mao, True Hero of the Three Kingdoms!
#7DJStrongPosted 2/14/2013 9:33:49 AM
Sniper_Brosef posted...
Nitro378 posted...
Define 'wisely'

Seriously?

You cannot have expected too much with such a loaded topic. Lay out an example and we'll vote on it
---
"On the contrary my friend, we're going to live!"
#8Nitro378Posted 2/14/2013 9:33:50 AM
Sniper_Brosef posted...
Nitro378 posted...
Define 'wisely'

Seriously?

It's a meaningless point since it's impossible for people to agree on what spending is wise and which is frivolous.
---
Zombie Clement Attlee 2015
http://i585.photobucket.com/albums/ss300/Tails82x/SFD/sadchromeo6.png
#9Sniper_Brosef(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 9:42:52 AM
Xiahou Mao posted...
Given the history of the last Republican presidents and congresses, no, I don't think it's something they would agree on. While in opposition I'm sure they'd say that's how they'd be, but when they have power it becomes a completely different story.

Why do you blame Republicans? This is actually verbatim from George W Bush's state of the Union in 2005. Here it is in context:

America's prosperity requires restraining the spending appetite of the federal government. I welcome the bipartisan enthusiasm for spending discipline. I will send you a budget that holds the growth of discretionary spending below inflation, makes tax relief permanent, and stays on track to cut the deficit in half by 2009. My budget substantially reduces or eliminates more than 150 government programs that are not getting results, or duplicate current efforts, or do not fulfill essential priorities. The principle here is clear: taxpayer dollars must be spent wisely, or not at all. \

Aside from that this should be something that both parties agree on. The government is FULL of wasteful spending!
---
#10DJStrongPosted 2/14/2013 9:49:50 AM
Hmmm, I'm beginning to think Sniper is a troll...

You cannot expect anyone here to hold Bush up as the paragon of fiscal restraint - saying you are for "wise" spending is like being for the children, a strong family, blah, blah.

Actions always speak louder than words and frankly the republicans have been a disappointment on the spending front and I for one have zero confidence that that will change when they get the White House or Senate of both back.

This is now and will forever be a payola democracy (good God I seem bleak, I really am an optimist).
---
"On the contrary my friend, we're going to live!"