This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The latest trend in pro-abortion thinking

#51TaiIs82Posted 2/16/2013 11:07:28 PM
The subscribers to this view actually seem to believe that this cognitive dissonance is a sign of intellectual achievement. They like to think that they grasp the great complexity of abortion, unlike those narrow-minded, plebian “antis.” (Why settle for just being wrong, when you can also be obnoxious?)

This happens all the time. They think they're being geniuses with a "third way" when all they're really doing is looking the other way, enabling, handing over everything to the other side and refusing to admit they're part of the problem. They're "personally opposed" but never come out against anything in public and in fact work to make it easier to commit these wrongs. It's because they're either being dishonest (the vast majority of cases), or they really do oppose but in the interests of not "offending" anyone, hand over their dignity and cave to peer pressure (TRJ Syndrome).
---
Hero/Legend of 261. Lover of life, free speech, etc.
#52Heineken14Posted 2/16/2013 11:49:38 PM
The subscribers to this view actually seem to believe that this cognitive dissonance is a sign of intellectual achievement. They like to think that they grasp the great complexity of abortion, unlike those narrow-minded, plebian “antis.” (Why settle for just being wrong, when you can also be obnoxious?)

Translation: Do you have sex? F*** you you f***ing whore, you shouldn't have done anything that we 130% completely disagree with and also ban.

Er... yeah it makes sense if you don't think about it... like... at all....
---
Rage is a hell of an anesthetic.
#53childofdelightPosted 2/17/2013 12:03:07 AM
WordUpButterCup posted...
How many abortions were needed due to rape and health complicated vs women just being stupid and irresponsible?

Also why do pro-choicers even exist? Oh that's right, their mothers chose life v_v

Are you in favor of the death penalty?
---
//I`*'\;:;:;/'*`*`{ ~ Light and Love ~ }`*`*'\;:;:;/'*`I\Y/I`'*|~P L~\*'`'I\\
|]I'*'`|:/\:|`'*n*'`{ ~ Blessed Be ~ } `'*u*'`|:/\:|`'*'I[ | ]I`'*|~U R~\*'`I[|
#54childofdelightPosted 2/17/2013 12:19:53 AM
god_of_toast posted...
SubDeity posted...
squareandrare posted...
The idea is to reach out to middle-of-the-road people by acknowledging that unborn children are alive and that abortion kills them

Sperm/eggs are alive, and failing to conceive with them "kills them" too.

This is simply a pathetic attempt to find a contradiction that doesn't exist. You can now go back to reading ancient philosophy that has almost no relevance to the 21st century.

Sperm and eggs are alive, but they aren't human.

This is seriously basic biological comprehension and the obtuseness of those who insist there is no different between sex cells and new humans is staggeringly unreasonable and pretty much anti-science as well.

What? Where did you learn biology from?

Jesus christ, the state of biology education is appalling.

Yes I ejaculate horse sperm and my girlfriend has tiger eggs and when our two sex cells meet they magically form a human zygote ....

>.>

What's a somatic cell?
---
//I`*'\;:;:;/'*`*`{ ~ Light and Love ~ }`*`*'\;:;:;/'*`I\Y/I`'*|~P L~\*'`'I\\
|]I'*'`|:/\:|`'*n*'`{ ~ Blessed Be ~ } `'*u*'`|:/\:|`'*'I[ | ]I`'*|~U R~\*'`I[|
#55marthsheretooPosted 2/17/2013 12:47:06 AM
Mr Sandbag posted...
I have no name posted...
REMINDER: Pro-'lifers' don't give half a **** about life. They just want to punish women for being 'whores'. Pro-'lifers' want to arrest any woman who miscarries. They're scum, pure scum.

Source?

My first post in this thread has a source that indicates that the LEADERS of the pro-life movement want to punish women for their sexual conduct, but there is room among the rank-and-file to be simply deluded. If you're actually curious, you should give the article a read.
---
Yes, racism is justified. -The_Kid3000
#56god_of_toastPosted 2/17/2013 12:51:33 AM
Billy Bob Joe posted...
What? Where did you learn biology from?

Jesus christ, the state of biology education is appalling.

Yes I ejaculate horse sperm and my girlfriend has tiger eggs and when our two sex cells meet they magically form a human zygote ....

So as a man you have millions of human beings inside of your body at any given time?

Theres a difference between something being human and something being a human being. One is a scientific fact, the other is up for ethical debate.
---
[USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST]
#57angrybirdsdudePosted 2/17/2013 12:54:39 AM
what do you squat OP?

or if we wanna talk tough lifts, how much do you snatch, hmm?
---
spread the <3
#58Aristotle16807(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 8:13:32 AM
Almost no one besides a select few are worth taking seriously on this board. Debating with people on this board is pointless because no matter what logically way things are spelled out for them they lean on circular logic (play stupid), or change their premises every response instead of defending the truth/inference to their conclusions. This is especially true in the abortion debate. Anyway, this is boring. Really boring.
#59Heineken14Posted 2/17/2013 8:14:34 AM
Almost no one besides a select few are worth taking seriously on this board.

Speaking to the choir... we're all well aware of you and the rest of the Users of Differing Opinion.
---
Rage is a hell of an anesthetic
#60Aristotle16807(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 8:15:28 AM
*yawn*