This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Eric Holder: Banning Homeschooling Doesn't Violate Fundamental Rights

#1AceVanquishPosted 2/16/2013 8:41:42 AM
http://caffeinatedthoughts.com/2013/02/eric-holder-banning-homeschooling-doesnt-violate-fundamental-rights/
---
http://i.imgur.com/imGAY.png
http://lostfacts.net
#2StarksPosted 2/16/2013 8:48:16 AM
I have yet to meet a homeschooler who wasn't an insular and antisocial dick.
---
Your resident Linux gamer pal
#otchat on Rizon
#3JohnnyTHM1212Posted 2/16/2013 8:48:59 AM
Starks posted...

I know plenty, and am engaged to one. That being said "antisocial" does describe pretty much all of them.
---
He can swim through matter, he has poisoned teeth
His tentacles have murdered, his scream can kill the weak
#4EastsideslingerPosted 2/16/2013 8:51:04 AM
JohnnyTHM1212 posted...
Starks posted...

I know plenty, and am engaged to one. That being said "antisocial" does describe pretty much all of them.

I suppose when you fear that your children are falling under the sway of evil communist muslim homosexual atheist transvestites from Transexual translvania the only way to free them is with home schooling.
---
"That's Mushy Snugglebites' badonkadonk. She's my main squeeze. Lady's got a gut fulla' dynamite and a booty like POOOW!" - Tiny Tina
#5JohnnyTHM1212Posted 2/16/2013 8:53:49 AM
Eastsideslinger posted...
JohnnyTHM1212 posted...
Starks posted...

I suppose when you fear that your children are falling under the sway of evil communist muslim homosexual atheist transvestites from Transexual translvania the only way to free them is with home schooling.

I don't think they're all religiously motivated (though plenty are), but it does seem to boil down to one of the parents wanting to have an absurd amount of control over their kids lives.
---
He can swim through matter, he has poisoned teeth
His tentacles have murdered, his scream can kill the weak
#6GoldicePosted 2/16/2013 8:55:23 AM
Oh man those comments

"IT'S ALL ABOUT CONTROL AND BRAINWASHING. I CAN TEACH MY KIDS THE TRUTH. And theres this guy coming on to speak on Hannity..."
---
2012-2013 New England Patriots: 10-3
#7StarksPosted 2/16/2013 8:58:33 AM(edited)
Even with a secular curriculum, parents and private teachers cannot match the depth and breadth of knowledge exposure of a private, public, or charter school. There's also the lack of a venue to develop social skills.

I'd rather 50+ biased teachers over a 13 year period than 1 vested interest corrupting me for life.
---
Your resident Linux gamer pal
#otchat on Rizon
#8mystic belmontPosted 2/16/2013 8:59:16 AM
I'd have a bigger issue if the majority of homeschoolers were just those that want to keep their kids from learning the truth about the world.
---
"Freedom was meaningless without ownership and control over one's own body" -Henry McNeal Turner
[Evil Republican]
#9GoldicePosted 2/16/2013 9:02:14 AM
Starks posted...
Even with a secular curriculum, parents and private teachers cannot match the depth and breadth of knowledge exposure of a private, public, or charter school. There's also the lack of a venue to develop social skills.

I'd rather 50+ biased teachers over a 13 year period than 1 vested interest corrupting me for life.

This is why I'm for a ban of it. Even with 50+ teachers being biased, the biases willvary. All you get with homeschooling is one biased perspective and no one to challenge your notions or beliefs.

I'm not saying all homeschoolers are worse. Im sure there are some great people who were homeschooled. But the idea of someone learning only from one person who thinks Fox news is completely accurate and the government is coming for you is scary.
---
2012-2013 New England Patriots: 10-3
#10invertedlegdropPosted 2/16/2013 9:18:14 AM
My brother is homeschooled and he is just fine. He does want to go to public school though so he can make some friends. That's cool to me, i let him play Portal all the time. So we will let him go to public school. He already knows the cake is a lie, I have taught him all he needs to know.
---
Total number of users on GameFAQS who I think should be thrown screaming from a helicopter:53.