This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Baby Slapper

#21GrassyKnoll63(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 1:08:05 PM
No, you are NOT understanding correctly. We weren't even discussing whether I or you support the actions of Hundley. Now stop trying to sidetracking/distract the argument. BUT...to be fair, I'll respond straight that any grown man assaulting a toddler should be arrested. Now let's put that part to rest.

You've yet to admit the double-standard in the role of the FBI when a man with a criminal history was NOT arrested for bypassing security at JFK. This is probably the third time I've mentioned Kanye West and Kim Kardashian, as it relates to FBI priorities in law enforcement. IMO this is far greater a priority in law enforcement than some bitter old man slapping a toddler because he was annoyed.

---
Keeping an open mind.
#22ryan0991Posted 2/18/2013 1:10:42 PM
Guy sounds like a POS, fair next.

---
http://gamercard.xbox360achievements.org/x360a-1/BOBtheMASTER.png
Could care less = you care at least somewhat. Couldn't care less = you don't care at all.
#23wallyPosted 2/18/2013 1:11:13 PM
Since you acknowledge that Hundley should be arrested, then you agree that the FBI should have been involved. Now that we've established that the original premise of your topic was wrong, let's move on to your new argument.

If the investigation of Kim/Kanye's actions become a criminal investigation, then the FBI will become involved. If it doesn't become a criminal investigation, they won't.
---
Home is behind, the world ahead. And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night, until the stars are all alight
#24GrassyKnoll63(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 1:42:31 PM
Since you acknowledge that Hundley should be arrested, then you agree that the FBI should have been involved. Now that we've established that the original premise of your topic was wrong, let's move on to your new argument.

Again, I don't believe the FBI should get involved, unless a threat aboard an aircraft is significant. This in which, is not. The laws need ratification/repeal/etc.

If the investigation of Kim/Kanye's actions become a criminal investigation, then the FBI will become involved. If it doesn't become a criminal investigation, they won't.

Become criminal? They bypassed security. Kanye has a criminal background. FBI involvement IMO is likely.

---
Keeping an open mind.
#25wallyPosted 2/18/2013 1:51:56 PM
You aren't getting this. This happened in federal territory (meaning that no state could be involved... WITHOUT NEW LAWS). This therefore fell under the jurisdiction of federal law enforcement (The FBI). Which law exactly would you like repealed? The one giving the feds any law enforcement ability? The ones considering planes to be federal territory? Or the ones considering assaulting a two year old to be a crime? Who exactly should be the one responsible for investigating this? The take-off/landing state? Well what happens in an international flight? Who's going to pay to send California state police to Boston? If you think the TSA should be the ones investigating... well... what other new powers do you want to give them? Should a new agency be created to handle things like this?

In your perfect world, who would handle this incident, and who would handle this incident if the exact same thing happened on a flight between Washington DC and Ottawa, Canada?
---
Home is behind, the world ahead. And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night, until the stars are all alight
#26AtralisPosted 2/18/2013 2:17:04 PM
Isn't the determination of whether or not the FBI gets involved more about jurisdiction in this case than how serious it is?

I mean I don't imagine all FBI guys to be super agents that spend their days stopping alien invasions and hunting serial killers. They are just Federal law enforcement right?
---
~ IN THE FUTURE there will be no black people and white people. Just robots.
#27atmasabrPosted 2/18/2013 3:09:38 PM
kcheung5440 posted...
The fed has sole jurisdiction over incidents occurring on planes in flight. The FBI is the primary law enforcement arm of the government.

49 U.S.C. sec. 40103(a)(1)

YEAH!

Atralis posted...
Isn't the determination of whether or not the FBI gets involved more about jurisdiction in this case than how serious it is?

I mean I don't imagine all FBI guys to be super agents that spend their days stopping alien invasions and hunting serial killers. They are just Federal law enforcement right?

Well, yes, but the FBI isn't very big so there aren't all that many FBI investigations. Federal issues do tend to sound more serious--tax evasion, inter-state drug rings and stuff like that. Also in cases where both the states and the federal government has jurisdiction, the FBI steps in when there are serious questions the state is unable to protect someone's civil rights.

Anyway, this story means nothing to me. A man physically assaults a defenseless child without the parent's authority. Criminal. There is no controversy, no problem, no cause for concern.
---
Do your own research!
#28GrassyKnoll63(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 9:32:36 AM
wally
You aren't getting this. This happened in federal territory (meaning that no state could be involved... WITHOUT NEW LAWS). This therefore fell under the jurisdiction of federal law enforcement (The FBI). Which law exactly would you like repealed? The one giving the feds any law enforcement ability? The ones considering planes to be federal territory? Or the ones considering assaulting a two year old to be a crime? Who exactly should be the one responsible for investigating this? The take-off/landing state? Well what happens in an international flight? Who's going to pay to send California state police to Boston? If you think the TSA should be the ones investigating... well... what other new powers do you want to give them? Should a new agency be created to handle things like this?

You're ignoring my previous posts and thus I believe my point has been made. All you're saying is "It's the law" without offering any critical thought, IMO. I'm not gonna sit here all day and next to parrot myself (or anyone else for that matter).

In your perfect world, who would handle this incident, and who would handle this incident if the exact same thing happened on a flight between Washington DC and Ottawa, Canada?

ICE.

---
Keeping an open mind.
#29TheRunner PDPosted 2/19/2013 9:38:07 AM
Grassy, answer me this: If not the feds, who has jurisdiction in this case?

A criminal assault took place, with racial overtones at that.

Who has jurisdiction?
---
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
#30GrassyKnoll63(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 10:04:19 AM
TheRunner PD
Grassy, answer me this: If not the feds, who has jurisdiction in this case?

FAMs turn it over to TSA, to be handled by a state. In this case, Georgia State Police.

A criminal assault took place, with racial overtones at that.

Racial or not.

Who has jurisdiction?

Look above.

---
Keeping an open mind.