This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

McCain alleges massive cover up in Benghazi attack.

#1cnekansPosted 2/18/2013 9:46:57 AM
I allege he's lost all credibility and sanity.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/mccain-massive-cover-benghazi-193426972--politics.html

While discussing the contentious confirmation hearings for defense secretary nominee Chuck Hagel, things got a bit heated on Sunday's "Meet The Press" when Sen. John McCain referred to the lack of information from the White House surrounding the Sept. 11, 2012 attacks in Benghazi as a "massive cover-up."
"There are so many answers we don't know," McCain told host David Gregory. "We've had two movies about getting bin Laden and we don't even know who the people were who were evacuated from the consulate the day after the [Benghazi] attack. So there are many, many questions. So we've had a massive cover-up on the part of the administration."
Gregory then pressed McCain on what the Arizona senator meant by "a massive cover-up."
"I'm asking you, do you care whether four Americans died?" McCain said. "And shouldn't people be held accountable for the fact that four Americans died?"
"Well, what you said was the cover-up--a cover-up of what?" Gregory asked.
"Of the information concerning the deaths of four brave Americans," McCain replied. "The information has not been forthcoming. You obviously believe that it has. I know that it hasn't. And I'll be glad to send you a list of the questions that have not been answered, including 'What did the president do and who did he talk to the night of the attack on Benghazi?'"
McCain continued: "Why did the president for two weeks, for two weeks during the heat of the campaign continue to say he didn't know whether it was a terrorist attack or not? Is it because it interfered with the line 'Al Qaeda has [been] decimated'? And 'everything's fine in that in that part of the world'? Maybe. We don't know. But we need the answers. Then we'll reach conclusions. But we have not received the answers. And that's a fact."
Earlier, the former Republican presidential nominee said he expects Hagel to be confirmed as defense secretary even though he doesn't plan to vote for him.
"I don't believe he is qualified," McCain said. "But I don't believe that we should hold up his nomination any further."

---
Nighttime261 OG ***Is ncsnake***
"the great thing about civil wars is that the home team always wins"-lynxor
#2Evil Genius 9Posted 2/18/2013 9:48:25 AM
Right-wing philosophy 101: You can never be too much of a douchetroll.

---
International: Chinese Woman Gives Birth to Septuplets; Has One Week to Choose...
www.theonion.com
#3YouAreCrumbsPosted 2/18/2013 9:49:08 AM
Permanently rustled jimmies.
---
joey444
We elect Obama and all the capitalists will be executed. This is a legitimate concern of mine. - OMGWTFPIE, 2011
#4TheRunner PDPosted 2/18/2013 9:49:36 AM
Why are we talking about Benghazi when we should be talking about BENGHAZI!!!
---
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
#5Orange ClockworkPosted 2/18/2013 9:50:05 AM
http://tinyurl.com/3vsc6z4
---
If you build a man a fire, he is warm for the rest of the night.
If you set a man on fire, he is warm for the rest of his life.
#6Magus1947Posted 2/18/2013 9:59:25 AM
McCain continued: "Why did the president for two weeks, for two weeks during the heat of the campaign continue to say he didn't know whether it was a terrorist attack or not? Is it because it interfered with the line 'Al Qaeda has [been] decimated'? And 'everything's fine in that in that part of the world'? Maybe. We don't know. But we need the answers. Then we'll reach conclusions. But we have not received the answers. And that's a fact."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIMnWGrh60M
---
In the corrupted currents of this world, offence's gilded hand may shove by justice, and oft 'tis seen the wicked prize itself buys out the law
#7GrassyKnoll63Posted 2/18/2013 10:00:13 AM
I know this is another George Soros funded website, but:

http://thinkprogress.org/security/2013/02/17/1605121/mccain-goes-after-nbc-host-for-questioning-gops-benghazi-conspiracy-theories/

The cover-up is a conspiracy.

---
Keeping an open mind.
#8I have no namePosted 2/18/2013 10:05:36 AM
It's pathetic how the right has desperately tried to make this a scandal.

"Obama blamed it on a video just because that sparked another embassy riot in a neighboring country at the same time!"

"Obama's spokeswoman did the basic duty of her job by repeating the talking points she'd been given!"

"Hillary Clinton had an embarrassing meltdown by becoming annoyed at having a room full of morons pelt her with condescending bull**** over and over!"

This has become another ACORN. Conservatives have a story, "ACORN stole the election!"/"Benghazi was somehow Obama's fault and he covered it up!", and they're gonna stick with it no matter how much the evidence shows otherwise.

Remember this?

http://thegrio.com/2012/12/05/poll-49-percent-of-republicans-blame-non-existant-acorn-for-obamas-2012-win/

*yes I intentionally chose a news source right-wingers would have no respect for*

49% of Republicans think ACORN stole the 2012 election, a drop of only 3% from 2008 despite the fact that ACORN shut down back in 2010.
---
"My show's not a comedy. It's a horrordy. It's called Blood Dumpster."
"Your pilot gave me nightmares!"
#9Magus1947Posted 2/18/2013 10:10:03 AM
I have no name posted...
"Hillary Clinton had an embarrassing meltdown by becoming annoyed at having a room full of morons pelt her with condescending bull**** over and over!"

Clinton also faked a blood clot to avoid testifying. Right up until...she testified. And Petraeus staged an affair so that he could resign from the CIA to avoid testifying. Right up until...he testified. This rabbit hole is filled with all kinds of twists and turns.
---
In the corrupted currents of this world, offence's gilded hand may shove by justice, and oft 'tis seen the wicked prize itself buys out the law
#10BarackaveliPosted 2/18/2013 10:49:24 AM
why can't they just get over it already
---
My only crime was that I'm too damn kind
http://otacon120.com/ #FreeFireThief