This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How stupid do Republicans think Americans are? (sequestration)

#1Magus1947Posted 2/18/2013 1:35:01 PM
Republicans refused to pass an increase in the debt ceiling until they attached slash & burn deficit reduction to it in the form of the oncoming sequestration. They subsequently bragged about their deficit cutting credentials and attacked Obama for not embracing the sequestration. Now, they are attacking Obama for the sequestration because it will hurt the economy. They want to take credit for deficit cutting while blaming Obama for the negative impact of cutting the deficit.

Do they expect Americans to have forgotten the recent past? Are they right to?
---
In the corrupted currents of this world, offence's gilded hand may shove by justice, and oft 'tis seen the wicked prize itself buys out the law
#2RufusNKenRSTierPosted 2/18/2013 1:41:35 PM
They are going to get away with this stuff and will continue to, because they are correct about American voters' stupidity.
---
Reign of Dragons referral code H3JC7GR
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/261-politics/59182173
#3Nitro378Posted 2/18/2013 1:48:22 PM
RufusNKenRSTier posted...
They are going to get away with this stuff and will continue to, because they are correct about American voters' stupidity.

---
Zombie Clement Attlee 2015
http://i585.photobucket.com/albums/ss300/Tails82x/SFD/sadchromeo6.png
#4I have no namePosted 2/18/2013 1:55:21 PM
Nitro378 posted...

---
"My show's not a comedy. It's a horrordy. It's called Blood Dumpster."
"Your pilot gave me nightmares!"
#5atmasabrPosted 2/18/2013 1:59:31 PM
Magus1947 posted...
Republicans refused to pass an increase in the debt ceiling until they attached slash & burn deficit reduction to it in the form of the oncoming sequestration. They subsequently bragged about their deficit cutting credentials and attacked Obama for not embracing the sequestration. Now, they are attacking Obama for the sequestration because it will hurt the economy. They want to take credit for deficit cutting while blaming Obama for the negative impact of cutting the deficit.

Do they expect Americans to have forgotten the recent past? Are they right to?

As I recall, sequestration was passed because Obama failed to come up with any better ideas.
---
Do your own research!
#6CC RicersPosted 2/18/2013 2:00:38 PM
The day American voters become smart is the day all employees become capable of interviewing their own future bosses.
---
Those loonies are gonna blow up the ocean
#7TaiIs82Posted 2/18/2013 8:11:54 PM
Sequestration merely cuts the rate of growth
---
Hero/Legend of 261. Lover of life, free speech, etc.
#8Legends KujaPosted 2/18/2013 8:17:06 PM
An endless miasma of stupidity... that's 'Murrika--or should I say humanity--in general.
---
Work that sucker to death, come on now, work that sucker to death!
The war begins, with earth trembling fear! Bold, brainy, and cold-hearted...
#9nocturnal travelerPosted 2/18/2013 8:32:03 PM
The GOP isn't stupid. Only their followers are, just like they like 'em. When a Republican politician says stupid stuff, it's not that they actually believe it. However, they must keep their voting base as ignorant as possible.

That said, they're gonna have to step up their game eventually.
---
--I understand your opinion. I just don't care about it. ~Jedah--
#10Evil IggyPosted 2/18/2013 8:36:03 PM(edited)
I have no name posted...
Nitro378 posted...

At least in their own safely red districts.

atmasabr posted...
As I recall, sequestration was passed because Obama failed to come up with any better ideas.

Then you recall wrong. President Obama wanted them to raise the debt ceiling so that American would not default on its loans and crash the world economy. In exchange for not blowing up the economy the Republicans wanted big budget cuts.

The deal was that if the congress couldn't pass the cuts recommended by a bipartisan budget group, then it would just be an across the board cut.
---
If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.
-Founding Father, James Madison