This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

More businesses for libs to oppose. Time to boycott?

#31CountPopeulaPosted 2/21/2013 10:24:36 AM
How about we get mad because instead of the businesses paying for their employees' health care, they're trying to find a way to make you and I pay for it. They're basically pushing them all onto Medicaid.
---
I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. - Voltaire
#32BeantownHeroPosted 2/21/2013 10:25:04 AM
BobGeorge posted...
Heineken14 posted...
its ok Tails, because those companies "didn't build that" anyway.

People literally still try to use this as a thing. Lololol

Are you suggesting Obama didn't say this? lol

What is it with you liberals and your just flat-out denials of facts?

Watching consevstives do it for 4+ years will do that to ya
---
Google stock holmes syndrome, before you further show ignorance- beatbyagirl
#33CountPopeulaPosted 2/21/2013 10:30:19 AM
BobGeorge posted...
mystic belmont posted...
It was out of context.

When used in context it's even more insulting.

So corporations built the roads and bridges and railways they use to ship products? And if a store is robbed, they don't call the police? If it catches fire, they don't call the fire department? They developed the network their website is on?

It's insulting to expect people to pay to maintain the infrastructure that they exploit to make their businesses successful?
---
I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. - Voltaire
#34ClutchPosted 2/21/2013 10:51:29 AM
CountPopeula posted...

So corporations built the roads and bridges and railways they use to ship products?

What came first, industry and the wealth generated by it or "roads and bridges"?
---
"The historian looks backward; eventually he also believes backward" - F.N.
#35Dark2kPosted 2/21/2013 10:53:28 AM
Clutch posted...
CountPopeula posted...

So corporations built the roads and bridges and railways they use to ship products?

What came first, industry and the wealth generated by it or "roads and bridges"?

*looks at Ancient Rome. Roads and bridges came way before any sort of modern industry and were a result of military conquest. Even in the United States out first major highway (in Alaska) was built for ww2
---
Blame this on the misfortune of your birth- Char Aznable
FC: 2707 6802 6976
#36mystic belmontPosted 2/21/2013 11:13:03 AM
mystic belmont posted...
It was out of context.

When used in context it's even more insulting.

Yep, to those who use it our of context.
---
"Freedom was meaningless without ownership and control over one's own body" -Henry McNeal Turner
[Evil Republican]
#37Predatorian234Posted 2/21/2013 11:25:31 AM
The company I work for is a small business. No more then 30 employees. My boss is a firm believer in supplying affordable healthcare so the company pays roughly 90% of our monthly premium. For full PPO Blue Cross and Blue Shield coverage for myself and my son, I'm paying roughly 200 bucks a month.

But I have heard him talking about how much more expensive it's getting now under Obamacare and how he can't afford to keep footing the higher costs. He already gave himself a 20% income decrease to survive the bad economy (we all got 10%, only for about 6 months. And since business is picking up a bit we've already been paid back everything we lost for that 6 months in "bonus" checks. He never raised his wage back up. And he's not the highest paid person in the company, even though he's the CEO and owner. A very successful salesman of ours who has worked his butt off is making more then him)

I can't imagine he'll be able to cut his wage again to continue paying for all this healthcare. He'll have to start footing the bill to us, but since this is a very small business it's not like our wages are up there anyways. For a lot of the lower workers who are not paid very much at all (but still have full medical and dental coverage) the added cost for insurance could end up breaking them. One particular employee has a very sick wife who is bedridden. He's only our stock guy who is also somewhat mentally disabled.

So, in short, I really hope this Obamacare does some damn good because right now it's petty a massive strain on the company that I work for.
---
"baaaaaaaaaaah" - Trisketthekid
#38CC RicersPosted 2/21/2013 11:31:51 AM
Ah, when presidential terms are limited to 8 years max but their effects can be felt for many more years. That's how it is with pointing the blame at others.
---
This topic has been long...according to my calculations, some minds should've been changed by now.
Those loonies are gonna blow up the ocean
#39765351Posted 2/21/2013 11:38:54 AM
More taxes and fewer hours. Obama's America.
---
http://i.imgur.com/pQBmc9B.jpg http://i.imgur.com/tunw6.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/B5FLlUb.jpg http://i.imgur.com/StTBb.jpg http://i.imgur.com/HITrFIo.jpg
#40CountPopeulaPosted 2/21/2013 8:44:42 PM
Predatorian234 posted...
The company I work for is a small business. No more then 30 employees. My boss is a firm believer in supplying affordable healthcare so the company pays roughly 90% of our monthly premium. For full PPO Blue Cross and Blue Shield coverage for myself and my son, I'm paying roughly 200 bucks a month.

But I have heard him talking about how much more expensive it's getting now under Obamacare and how he can't afford to keep footing the higher costs. He already gave himself a 20% income decrease to survive the bad economy (we all got 10%, only for about 6 months. And since business is picking up a bit we've already been paid back everything we lost for that 6 months in "bonus" checks. He never raised his wage back up. And he's not the highest paid person in the company, even though he's the CEO and owner. A very successful salesman of ours who has worked his butt off is making more then him)

I can't imagine he'll be able to cut his wage again to continue paying for all this healthcare. He'll have to start footing the bill to us, but since this is a very small business it's not like our wages are up there anyways. For a lot of the lower workers who are not paid very much at all (but still have full medical and dental coverage) the added cost for insurance could end up breaking them. One particular employee has a very sick wife who is bedridden. He's only our stock guy who is also somewhat mentally disabled.

So, in short, I really hope this Obamacare does some damn good because right now it's petty a massive strain on the company that I work for.

I'd be interesting hearing specifics of how this is going to increase his costs if he already provides insurance to all employees.
---