This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New Pope called gay marriage "attack on God's Plan"

#21LightSnakePosted 3/13/2013 3:58:25 PM
Ivashanko posted...
The day the Catholic church ceases to exist will be a victory for the human race.

I see you have never lived in the third world before...

Yeah, if a group helped women gain control over their reproductive functions and didn't spread misinformation about condoms, you'd see serious improvement.
---
"An Emperor should die on his feet." -Titus Flavius Vespasianus.
#22bladedhaloPosted 3/13/2013 3:58:48 PM
Atralis posted...
So basically the same thing that Catholics have been saying for a couple thousand years.

But I'm going to act really shocked and angry anyways! BAAWWWWW!

---
give him the gift that's strong enough for a man, but made for a woman: the back of your hand -- s0nicfan
#23IvashankoPosted 3/13/2013 4:03:30 PM
Yeah, if a group helped women gain control over their reproductive functions and didn't spread misinformation about condoms, you'd see serious improvement.

In many of these countries being a member of the Catholic Church is more valuable and more important than being an actual citizen. Issues of reproduction rights (though inexcusable) are not as important to people actually living there as people from your rich world expect, and unless you yourself have lived there you are not competent to lecture me, who has.
#24IvynnPosted 3/13/2013 4:12:24 PM
Meet the new Pope.

Same as the old Pope.
---
http://i49.tinypic.com/23u31wh.gif
#25Red XlVPosted 3/13/2013 4:13:42 PM
I'm more concerned/disgusted by the whole 'complicity with the junta' thing

According to an accusation based on little or no evidence, from what I've read. The evidentiary requirements for bringing such accusations to court are apparently quite low in Argentina.
---
A bad enough dude to save the President.
"We chose more government instead of more freedom." - Marco Rubio (R-Florida)
#26kmick2Posted 3/13/2013 4:17:42 PM
This topic almost suggests that somehow the Catholic church was miraculously going to do a 180 on their gay marriage stance.
---
I can walk away from millions because it's not right, but I'll be damned if I'll back an inch from a dime because it has to be so.-Bruce Lee
#27MysteryMan2000Posted 3/13/2013 4:37:19 PM
kmick2 posted...
This topic almost suggests that somehow the Catholic church was miraculously going to do a 180 on their gay marriage stance.
#28swedish svenPosted 3/13/2013 4:41:29 PM
Nitro378 posted...
I'm more concerned/disgusted by the whole 'complicity with the junta' thing

I mean with Benedict you can at least say "he was only a kid at the time and didn't really have a choice" whereas this guy willingly worked with the junta and gave communion to Videla (also that he believes gay adoption is Satan's Plot but again willingly worked with a man who LITERALLY STOLE BABIES FROM LEFTISTS).
---
Reagan sighed as he drew his katana.
#29MushroomsDMTPosted 3/13/2013 5:01:15 PM
And that's supposed to be a surprise? I'd be shocked to learn the new pope didn't hold gay marriage in low regard.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/doesntexist420
^ Click here for 5 free points of high quality MDA