This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Did you guys catch Jim Carrey's anti-gun song?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Did you guys catch Jim Carrey's anti-gun song?
2 years ago#11
I know how surveys work. The conclusion that "guns actually stop a ****-ton of violence!" isn't a valid one to take from this survey data. Bad, bad methodology. 45 people self-reporting inflated numbers is a horrible way to measure crime statistics.
---
"A day will come when you think yourself safe and happy, and suddenly your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth, and you'll know the debt is paid."
2 years ago#12
Use other studies, most gun violence occurs within Gun Free Zones.

Use your head, a gun using criminal would rather target unarmed civilians over CCW citizens.

If you are a liberal you are likely really stupid when it comes to guns so read this blog:

http://1389blog.com/2012/12/23/larry-correia-refutes-the-gun-controllers-once-and-for-all/
---
3DS FC: 3437-4399-0009
http://tinyurl.com/b9g39zb
2 years ago#13
Next time link to the actual video instead of Michelle Malkin's hate site
---
Hello
2 years ago#14
he's also a part of the celebrity anti-vaccination crowd, so I don't think anyone should take what he says seriously
2 years ago#15
http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/0433b30576/cold-dead-hand-with-jim-carrey?rel=player
---
"Freedom was meaningless without ownership and control over one's own body" -Henry McNeal Turner
[Evil Republican]
2 years ago#16
I've read several articles and interviews with Jim Carrey. A prime example of what happens when a colossal ego-maniac chimes in about things he knows nothing about.

And he's a ****ing loon on top of it.
---
I can walk away from millions because it's not right, but I'll be damned if I'll back an inch from a dime because it has to be so.-Bruce Lee
2 years ago#17
So if someone does something in a movie, that means they support it?
---
Onethousandandonehundred.
2 years ago#18
HappyTabby posted...

no. that's absurd and I find it silly how people have been making that point

but b****ing about america's gun culture and then making loads of films where you frequently use a gun and kill loads of people is pretty hypocritical since films glorifying guns and violence in general have to be included when you talk about gun culture.
2 years ago#19
fugyhurdy posted...
HappyTabby posted...

no. that's absurd and I find it silly how people have been making that point

but b****ing about america's gun culture and then making loads of films where you frequently use a gun and kill loads of people is pretty hypocritical since films glorifying guns and violence in general have to be included when you talk about gun culture.

maybe firing a gun should only happen in fiction
---
3DS - 4897-5939-0401
2 years ago#20
I can't name one movie Jim Carrey has wielding a gun in and I'm not going to count the tommy gun in the Mask. He hasn't profited from violence in movies.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Did you guys catch Jim Carrey's anti-gun song?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived