This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Did you guys catch Jim Carrey's anti-gun song?

#11IamvegitoPosted 3/26/2013 9:11:38 AM
I know how surveys work. The conclusion that "guns actually stop a ****-ton of violence!" isn't a valid one to take from this survey data. Bad, bad methodology. 45 people self-reporting inflated numbers is a horrible way to measure crime statistics.
---
"A day will come when you think yourself safe and happy, and suddenly your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth, and you'll know the debt is paid."
#12_FlUttershy_XXX(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 9:22:36 AM
Use other studies, most gun violence occurs within Gun Free Zones.

Use your head, a gun using criminal would rather target unarmed civilians over CCW citizens.

If you are a liberal you are likely really stupid when it comes to guns so read this blog:

http://1389blog.com/2012/12/23/larry-correia-refutes-the-gun-controllers-once-and-for-all/
---
3DS FC: 3437-4399-0009
http://tinyurl.com/b9g39zb
#13FenriswolfPosted 3/26/2013 9:23:25 AM
Next time link to the actual video instead of Michelle Malkin's hate site
---
Hello
#14treewojimaPosted 3/26/2013 9:26:54 AM
he's also a part of the celebrity anti-vaccination crowd, so I don't think anyone should take what he says seriously
#15mystic belmontPosted 3/26/2013 9:28:32 AM
http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/0433b30576/cold-dead-hand-with-jim-carrey?rel=player
---
"Freedom was meaningless without ownership and control over one's own body" -Henry McNeal Turner
[Evil Republican]
#16kmick2Posted 3/26/2013 9:29:14 AM
I've read several articles and interviews with Jim Carrey. A prime example of what happens when a colossal ego-maniac chimes in about things he knows nothing about.

And he's a ****ing loon on top of it.
---
I can walk away from millions because it's not right, but I'll be damned if I'll back an inch from a dime because it has to be so.-Bruce Lee
#17HappyTabbyPosted 3/26/2013 9:50:35 AM
So if someone does something in a movie, that means they support it?
---
Onethousandandonehundred.
#18fugyhurdyPosted 3/26/2013 10:04:47 AM
HappyTabby posted...

no. that's absurd and I find it silly how people have been making that point

but b****ing about america's gun culture and then making loads of films where you frequently use a gun and kill loads of people is pretty hypocritical since films glorifying guns and violence in general have to be included when you talk about gun culture.
#19Forte89Posted 3/26/2013 10:07:34 AM
fugyhurdy posted...
HappyTabby posted...

no. that's absurd and I find it silly how people have been making that point

but b****ing about america's gun culture and then making loads of films where you frequently use a gun and kill loads of people is pretty hypocritical since films glorifying guns and violence in general have to be included when you talk about gun culture.

maybe firing a gun should only happen in fiction
---
3DS - 4897-5939-0401
#20name_unknownPosted 3/26/2013 10:09:17 AM
I can't name one movie Jim Carrey has wielding a gun in and I'm not going to count the tommy gun in the Mask. He hasn't profited from violence in movies.