This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Evil government regulates dentist office that might have infected 7k with HIV.

#31ClutchPosted 3/29/2013 8:56:51 AM
CountPopeula posted...
I'm not sure how this can be seen as a regulatory failure rather a regulatory success. Were it not for regulatory agencies, he'd still be operating. Saying that it should have been caught sooner is an arguement for stronger regulation and more regulatory oversight.

If this was a regulatory success, I'd hate to see what a failure looks like.
---
"The historian looks backward; eventually he also believes backward" - F.N.
#32CountPopeulaPosted 3/29/2013 9:00:08 AM
Clutch posted...
CountPopeula posted...
I'm not sure how this can be seen as a regulatory failure rather a regulatory success. Were it not for regulatory agencies, he'd still be operating. Saying that it should have been caught sooner is an arguement for stronger regulation and more regulatory oversight.

If this was a regulatory success, I'd hate to see what a failure looks like.

The guy continuing to operate?

Also, bear in mind that they've contacted every patient he ever had that there's a record of to say "hey, this guy was caught not following proper procedure and so you may have been at risk."

He wasn't injecting people with HIV, it's more like being a tattoo parlor that doesn't use clean inks and needles.
---
I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. - Voltaire
#33ClutchPosted 3/29/2013 9:08:42 AM
CountPopeula posted...

That's a pretty low bar to set.
---
"The historian looks backward; eventually he also believes backward" - F.N.
#34CapoMafia(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2013 9:13:50 AM
CountPopeula posted...
Obama is in the Oklahoma state government? Busy guy.

That's the Sharia Law they were concerned about.
---
Not changing this sig until the Reptilian conspiracy is defeated. Started 5/14/07.
#35CountPopeulaPosted 3/29/2013 9:32:15 AM
Clutch posted...
CountPopeula posted...

That's a pretty low bar to set.

Well, the headline is a bit sensationalist (surprise surprise). They found out he was violating proper procedures and shut him down, then they contacted all his patients to have them tested, free of charge, in case his unsafe practices might have led to infection.

There's no evidence presented in the article that anyone was exposed to HIV or hepatitis, just that this guy wasn't taking the proper precautions to make sure they weren't, and was shut down. That's what regulators do.
---
I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. - Voltaire