This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

More government waste amidst sequester

#11Magus1947Posted 3/31/2013 8:01:13 AM
We get it, Republicans hate basic research.

Can you imagine this bull fifty years ago?

"The gummiment is wasting your tax dollars to study the effects of sending light from end of a room to the other. I don't need no gummiment to tell me what happens when you turn on a light switch. And they're spending billions to look at what can be done with 1s and 0s. 1s and 0s! Boy I tell you what, uhuh, I learned all I needed to know about 1 and 0 in fifth grade, but I guess the gummment is filled with dummies who still don't know their 1s and their 0s."

It they had their way there would be no Internet or satellite TV. How would you indulge in your masturbatory conspiracy theories then?
---
In the corrupted currents of this world, offence's gilded hand may shove by justice, and oft 'tis seen the wicked prize itself buys out the law
#12mystic belmontPosted 3/31/2013 8:07:02 AM
If the republicans of today were around in the 1960's, we would have no interstate highway system.
---
"Freedom was meaningless without ownership and control over one's own body" -Henry McNeal Turner
[Evil Republican]
#13CountPopeulaPosted 3/31/2013 8:30:32 AM(edited)
ARPANET: Wasteful spending by big-government liberals.
---
I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. - Voltaire
#14tankboyPosted 3/31/2013 8:38:03 AM
bfslick50 posted...
Also, white house tours were free? I thought that was a money generating program like all tourist attractions.

Not just the White House, but also all the national monuments and all ~20 Smithsonian Museums (including Air & Space, the most visited museum in the world) are free, and open every day but xmas.