This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fake Ambulances Get the Rich Through Traffic

#1NoName999Posted 3/31/2013 9:28:05 AM
Ever been stuck in a nasty traffic jam and wished you could fire up an emergency siren and watch the cars around you make themselves scarce? I think we've all had that fantasy once or twice. But the mega-wealthy class in Russia have figured out how to turn it into a reality.

According to this story in Canada's National Post, cops in Moscow have been ordered to inspect ambulances after learning that VIP commuters are riding around in "ambulance taxis" that cost as much as $200 per hour.

These aren't just ordinary ambulances, either. They've been cleverly fitted with fancy and luxurious interiors so their passengers can eat caviar and sip champagne while they blow through traffic with lights and sirens blazing.

From the story:

A law enforcement source told Izvestiya newspaper that one such vehicle had already been identified. “During a patrol, a medical car was stopped because it was breaking traffic rules,” said the source.

“The driver appeared strange, and did not resemble an ambulance driver at all.

“Police officers opened the automobile to check it and saw that the interior was fitted out like a high-class limousine with comfortable seats for transporting VIP passengers.”

The source added that inside the ambulance were “not medical personnel but some people in civilian clothes who refused to identify themselves."

Posing as a cop or any other kind of emergency worker isn't just awful, it's also illegal (in the U.S. anyway, and presumably Russia too.) But you have to admit that this idea is insanely clever. Super dickish, but clever.

I don't suspect that these passengers and fake paramedics will get away with this scheme for too long, though. I can't imagine all the normal working schlubs in Moscow who are stuck in traffic find this amusing.

Can't wait to see the dash cam when one of these jokers gets rammed, though.

http://jalopnik.com/ultra-rich-russians-hire-fake-ambulances-to-drive-them-458478316
---
"This grass feels funny," Kirby thought. It feels like.... pants
#2atmasabrPosted 3/31/2013 9:31:27 AM
If I were that officer, I'd have taken pictures of the passengers when they refused to identify themselves. Let them complain.
---
Do your own research!
#3CountPopeulaPosted 3/31/2013 9:35:21 AM
This was on Wait Wait, Don't Tell Me this week.
---
I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. - Voltaire
#4Magus1947Posted 3/31/2013 9:35:27 AM
Don't you think it was tad misleading to leave out from the title that this is in Russia?
---
In the corrupted currents of this world, offence's gilded hand may shove by justice, and oft 'tis seen the wicked prize itself buys out the law
#5IShall_Run_AmokPosted 3/31/2013 9:37:49 AM
Their hearts aren't in the right place. I say we fix that. Without anesthesia.
---
Hey Romney-kun, you know what rhymes with election?
#6Magus1947Posted 3/31/2013 9:38:16 AM
CountPopeula posted...
This was on Wait Wait, Don't Tell Me this week.

The more time I spend on the Internet, the better I do at their silly quizzes. A few weeks ago I knew what the answer was going to be on Bluff the Listener as soon as they said the topic was people who got in trouble on their vacation (lifeguard beat up shark while supposedly out sick).
---
In the corrupted currents of this world, offence's gilded hand may shove by justice, and oft 'tis seen the wicked prize itself buys out the law
#7CobraShuttlePosted 3/31/2013 11:24:28 AM
This is to be expected when the public sector fails. Bad traffic is indicative of public sector failure and their inability to efficiently spend tax money to reduce time and money wasting congestion. Of course people who's time is valuable will find it beneficial to spend $200 an hour to get through traffic faster if they can. I hope this is a wakeup call to Russian bureaucrats.
---
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
#8Nitro378Posted 3/31/2013 11:27:19 AM
Post-soviet Russia: totally better guys!
---
Zombie Clement Attlee 2015
http://i585.photobucket.com/albums/ss300/Tails82x/SFD/sadchromeo6.png
#9KinethPosted 3/31/2013 1:05:34 PM
Nitro378 posted...
Post-soviet Russia: totally better guys!

Capitalism allows them to get through traffic faster. Just like the invisible hand was intended.
---
Gonna have to change this sig later. Dirk will be back though.
#10the final bahamutPosted 3/31/2013 2:13:06 PM
Absolutely despicable.
---
E ys Bahamut! oui risyhc puna sa! Oui uvvaht sa cahcac!!!
DISCLAIMER: I'm not accountable for this post. I don't know English I just hit keys at random.