This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

U.S. sends F-22's to South Korea for practice drills.

#21JolteonPosted 4/1/2013 12:55:56 AM
If so, I'm not going to pretend I'm upset.
---
Is this finally a conundrum that CAN'T be solved by helicopter theft?
#22TheMax1087Posted 4/1/2013 1:10:07 AM
Jolteon posted...
^^ Is that the plot to a game, or something?

Tom Clancy's HAWX 1. For some reason you can't use the f-22 till the last two missions though(including the flying through the canyon in the last one).
#23CrimsonStryke28Posted 4/1/2013 2:32:02 AM
Seems like the U.S. is trying to provoke NK to actually make them do something, doesn't anyone else feel that way? Usually they don't announce news like that during a drill until recently..
#24mgtonvac55(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2013 3:07:08 AM
Seems like the U.S. is trying to provoke NK to actually make them do something, doesn't anyone else feel that way

As the article notes, this drill has been done annually since 2004. It'd be difficult to call this a provocation, although North Korea might do just that.
---
http://i.imgur.com/SipgQ.gif
#25JolteonPosted 4/1/2013 3:22:30 AM(edited)
Seems like the U.S. is trying to provoke NK to actually make them do something, doesn't anyone else feel that way? Usually they don't announce news like that during a drill until recently..

That's not exactly true. North Korea is informed about the time, place, and scope of the drills, and there are usually a few obligatory news reports about them. Sending the B-2/B-52s was out of the ordinary, but for the most part, the reason it seems like we're "provoking" them this year is because their response has been much more rabid than usual, and as a result, news coverage of Foal Eagle has been more extensive.

In other words, this year's drills seem more provocative because we're all hearing about them a lot more.
---
Is this finally a conundrum that CAN'T be solved by helicopter theft?