This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

2,000 year old Damascus synagogue looted and burned to the ground.

#31B4TT3RYPosted 4/1/2013 6:06:49 AM
tasadar24 posted...
My apologies to you guys. We only know the words we read online.

Sorry.

You're only forgiven if you come back to The Forum's Minecraft server. :p

I'd like to add, though, that the deaths in Syria have been happening daily for over a year, whereas this arson is just one single-hitting issue. If you wanted me to find where any of those posters talked about the death of individuals sincerely in the past, it'd be pretty hard to find considering the timespan Id have to look through.
---
Thank you for posting. Here at the Forum we greatly value your input!- TheHarmfulOne
#32wolf_blitzer85Posted 4/1/2013 6:14:50 AM
Hey bsballa09, where were you when hundreds of cultural and historical sites were looted and burned to the ground during the Iraq War?

this s*** happens all the time. SORRY.
---
Confirm/Deny? The best way to protect 2nd Amendment rights is to have all guns make the 'Pew Pew Pew' sound when you fire them.
#33Smelly_GaragePosted 4/1/2013 8:53:27 AM
What the hell is worse about this than killing people

I don't get why this seems to almost piss people off more than actual crimes against humanity
---
http://i.imgur.com/aNHp3.jpg
Leader of the PC/Wii U/3DS Master Race
#34Master CilanderPosted 4/1/2013 9:04:52 AM
I find it funny that people care this much about some old buildings.
---
Neutral but not impartial.
#35Master CilanderPosted 4/1/2013 9:12:38 AM
B4TT3RY posted...
tasadar24 posted...
My apologies to you guys. We only know the words we read online.

Sorry.

You're only forgiven if you come back to The Forum's Minecraft server. :p

I'd like to add, though, that the deaths in Syria have been happening daily for over a year, whereas this arson is just one single-hitting issue. If you wanted me to find where any of those posters talked about the death of individuals sincerely in the past, it'd be pretty hard to find considering the timespan Id have to look through.

The reactions in this topic have topped many, not all, but many of the reactions to actual human casualties. This is like when people cry over a dog more than a human, but with some old piece of s*** bricks.
---
Neutral but not impartial.
#36bsballa09(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2013 9:45:41 AM
Master Cilander posted...
I find it funny that people care this much about some old buildings.

Apparently history isn't important.
---
Lololol @ the Seahawks choking.
#37bsballa09(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2013 9:46:14 AM
wolf_blitzer85 posted...
Hey bsballa09, where were you when hundreds of cultural and historical sites were looted and burned to the ground during the Iraq War?

this s*** happens all the time. SORRY.

Account Created Tuesday, March 21, 2006 7:14 PM
---
Lololol @ the Seahawks choking.
#38IvynnPosted 4/1/2013 10:05:12 AM
As a student of history, things like this pisses me off to no end. Another sad tale in the Middle East's fall from grace.

This synagogue isn't the only one. Syria is one of the oldest nations, Damascus one of the oldest cities. I'm sure this synagogue is one of many national treasures and artifacts that have been destroyed in this conflict. And the Middle East, the birthplace of human civilization, has likely lost TONS of artifacts of historical significance thanks to the constant wars and conflicts. It's truly one of the saddest parts of the Middle East crises.

However, people should stop jumping on Orca. Fact is this is only a tragedy to history buffs and lovers. It's OK to not care about history. It's NEVER OK to not care about human life. He is perfectly justified in saying human life > old buildings, because at the end of the day, that's true.
---
http://i.imgur.com/vDci4hD.gif
#39TomorrowDogPosted 4/1/2013 10:08:45 AM
I value history and historical sites but people reach a point where they are clearly white knighting.
---
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert
#40Smelly_GaragePosted 4/1/2013 10:14:07 AM
I value history and historical sites but people reach a point where they are clearly white knighting.

Yeah, no ****
---
http://i.imgur.com/aNHp3.jpg
Leader of the PC/Wii U/3DS Master Race