This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

2,000 year old Damascus synagogue looted and burned to the ground.

#41KradekPosted 4/1/2013 10:17:36 AM
Denver_REXcos posted...
CyborgSage00x0 posted...
Few things sicken me more than stuff like this. I was SO pissed when the terrorists in Mali looted and destroyed tons of ancient buildings and artifacts in Timbuktu.

And the Syrian government has the balls to say Israel did it.

They're probably right.

What could they possibly gain from destroying a synagogue, and one so important for their history? That would be like the Pope burning and looting the Sistine Chapel.
---
I think he means that if Romney was shocked every time he lied, we'd end up with two black candidates ;)- AlucardSX
#42bsballa09(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2013 10:18:15 AM
Ivynn posted...
As a student of history, things like this pisses me off to no end. Another sad tale in the Middle East's fall from grace.

This synagogue isn't the only one. Syria is one of the oldest nations, Damascus one of the oldest cities. I'm sure this synagogue is one of many national treasures and artifacts that have been destroyed in this conflict. And the Middle East, the birthplace of human civilization, has likely lost TONS of artifacts of historical significance thanks to the constant wars and conflicts. It's truly one of the saddest parts of the Middle East crises.

However, people should stop jumping on Orca. Fact is this is only a tragedy to history buffs and lovers. It's OK to not care about history. It's NEVER OK to not care about human life. He is perfectly justified in saying human life > old buildings, because at the end of the day, that's true.

No one here is putting life over history. I was talking about rebels and government forces. Other than that, I didn't see anyone do that.
---
Lololol @ the Seahawks choking.
#43bsballa09(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2013 10:19:26 AM
Kradek posted...
Denver_REXcos posted...
CyborgSage00x0 posted...
Few things sicken me more than stuff like this. I was SO pissed when the terrorists in Mali looted and destroyed tons of ancient buildings and artifacts in Timbuktu.

And the Syrian government has the balls to say Israel did it.

They're probably right.

What could they possibly gain from destroying a synagogue, and one so important for their history? That would be like the Pope burning and looting the Sistine Chapel.

Short answer: He hates Jews.

Long answer: He really hates Jews.
---
#44IvynnPosted 4/1/2013 10:23:53 AM
bsballa09 posted...
No one here is putting life over history. I was talking about rebels and government forces. Other than that, I didn't see anyone do that.

Nobody directly said that but I think the hostility towards Orca for saying otherwise was unwarranted.
---
http://i.imgur.com/vDci4hD.gif
#45LuigisBroPosted 4/1/2013 10:26:54 AM(edited)
Kradek posted...

the rebels are probably trading the loot for weapons
---
2013 megatons - 3DS redesign with no 3D, WiiU flops, DS player for WiiU, no new PS or Xbox, MH4 flops
#46bsballa09(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2013 10:28:27 AM
Ivynn posted...
bsballa09 posted...

Nobody directly said that but I think the hostility towards Orca for saying otherwise was unwarranted.

Him saying that if someone was trying to destroy something historical and lethal force shouldn't be used was a pretty ****ing stupid thing to say though. Non-lethal should be first, but lethal should be an option.
---
#47IvynnPosted 4/1/2013 10:37:35 AM
LuigisBro posted...
Kradek posted...

the rebels are probably trading the loot for weapons

Think he was talking about Israel in that scenario since someone blamed them. Why would Israel destroy something part of their history? That's where his analogy of the Pope destroying the Sistine Chapel comes in Most Muslims in that part of the world dislike Jews so the Islamic rebels obviously dgaf.

bsballa09 posted...
Him saying that if someone was trying to destroy something historical and lethal force shouldn't be used was a pretty ****ing stupid thing to say though. Non-lethal should be first, but lethal should be an option.

Oh. Yeah, that scenario was dumb. A bunch of crazies threatening to blow up a museum, nobody would care because they were kind enough to evacuate people? No, people would still care. Since, you know, they're a bunch of destructive crazies
---
http://i.imgur.com/vDci4hD.gif
#48RodrigoErwinPosted 4/1/2013 12:03:03 PM
If i was israeli i would approve my government going and stealing these artifacts.

Just like i would approve an egyptian commando sacking all these western museums that hold egyptian relics.
---
13 inches Epeen
#49MephsuitPosted 4/1/2013 1:29:55 PM
Was there resolution on the balla thread that caused self-banishment or is GameFAQs resident Jew patrol working his way back into things slowly?
---
"Mephsuit, as he so often is, is right." - Token sane 261 member Saber_Tiger a.k.a. SST
#50bsballa09(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2013 1:32:40 PM
Mephsuit posted...
Was there resolution on the balla thread that caused self-banishment or is GameFAQs resident Jew patrol working his way back into things slowly?

So... nothing important to say?
---