This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

2,000 year old Damascus synagogue looted and burned to the ground.

#71CyborgSage00x0Posted 4/1/2013 3:44:11 PM
Master Cilander posted...
B4TT3RY posted...
tasadar24 posted...
My apologies to you guys. We only know the words we read online.

Sorry.

You're only forgiven if you come back to The Forum's Minecraft server. :p

I'd like to add, though, that the deaths in Syria have been happening daily for over a year, whereas this arson is just one single-hitting issue. If you wanted me to find where any of those posters talked about the death of individuals sincerely in the past, it'd be pretty hard to find considering the timespan Id have to look through.

The reactions in this topic have topped many, not all, but many of the reactions to actual human casualties. This is like when people cry over a dog more than a human, but with some old piece of s*** bricks.

And why would I care about some random person getting killed over my dog? Life only has importance depending on the amount of value you attach to it, especially if you're a misanthrope. I actually did a poll experiment of ths a while back on PotD, seeing if people would have random people shot over,say, your sister, family pet, etc. Usurprisenly, more people are willing to sacrifie a human if hey don't know him over a family pet. Make that human a doctor, or scientist, instead of some random dude, and more people save the human; make the human a murderer, and people overwhemlingly kill them over a pet. So claiming it's wrong to love a pet over anther one of our 7 billion humans shows you don't understand human nature too well. The value to attach to a pet can easily match or exceed the value have for your fellow man.

Same can be applied to ancient and historical building and the value attached to them, especially for history lovers as myself. Some dude named Muhammad probably just took a rocket to the face somewhere in Syria, and yet my world keeps going. I've never met Muhammad or any o the victims in Syria, thus I can't place any emotional attachment to them outside of a number count, and thinking how tragic it is that these people have to live through that.

But it's just another death to go along with a region that's been in a constant state of bloody war and strife for the last 2000+ years. Compare this to a work of human art and achievement these ancient buildings represent, that have stood the test of time for thousands of years...just to be ransacked and destroyed for no good reason, by a bunch of nobodies. It's perfectly acceptable to feel sad or pised about that without having to make a token gesture to h loss of human life, too.
---
Currently playing: Borderlands 2, LoL, Super Mario 3DS, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Pokemon White 2, NSMB3DS.
#72B4TT3RYPosted 4/1/2013 4:07:27 PM
tasadar24 posted...
B4TT3RY posted...
You're only forgiven if you come back to The Forum's Minecraft server. :p

As soon as it's updated to a version I have. Can't find a way to change my version back to 1.4.7 anymore.

It's surprisingly easy to go back to 1.4.7, Google how to revert back to an older minecraft jar

Not sure when we'll be updating, we're waiting for a certain mod that helps run the servers to update to 1.5
---
Thank you for posting. Here at the Forum we greatly value your input!- TheHarmfulOne