This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

People in the comments to this facebook video are literally confessing to

#221shaolin11Posted 4/2/2013 3:35:53 PM
ca36gtp posted...
Oh man, my new "Nazi Rapist Child Beaters for Global Warming Truth" SuperPAC is gonna get SO much free exposure! This is great!

I would hug you but I am pretty sure that would violate our charter.
---
http://freeblago.forumotion.com/f1-the-blago-lounge
Liberals traffic in butthurt in the same way conservatives traffic in indignation
#222fudrickPosted 4/2/2013 4:10:14 PM
shaolin11 posted...
The Floor is Lava: How the Logic of a Child's Brain is Perfect That was the point ya chowderhead. How are you going to reason with a child. Sometimes, rarely, a child may need corporal punishment. You live in a world of extremes. Its not one way or the other. No two children are alike. Get it through your head, See, no jokes there. mouthbreather

You're gonna have to bring more to the table than "children are illogical, therefore we should beat them"
---
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious
#223hunter_gohanPosted 4/2/2013 4:14:56 PM
fudrick posted...
You're gonna have to bring more to the table than "children are illogical, therefore we should beat them"

Hell I'd like to bring back the animals that were just barely touched upon. Surely everyone will recognize that trying to talk to and reason with dogs is hella more difficult than with children yes? Shouldn't they therefore be beat even more according to this reasoning?
---
The food that stands on his [Odin's] table he gives to two wolves of his called Geri and Freki. He himself needs no food; wine is for him both drink and meat.
#224cookie_kidPosted 4/2/2013 4:20:40 PM
Whether or not you believe in spanking your children as a form of discipline, what this man did was clearly a form of abuse. I don't see how yelling and cursing like a drunk fool while frantically whipping your daughter with a cord while your other child watches is something that could be called good parenting.
---
The best kind of pain is the painless kind
#225shaolin11Posted 4/2/2013 4:45:56 PM
fudrick posted...
shaolin11 posted...
The Floor is Lava: How the Logic of a Child's Brain is Perfect That was the point ya chowderhead. How are you going to reason with a child. Sometimes, rarely, a child may need corporal punishment. You live in a world of extremes. Its not one way or the other. No two children are alike. Get it through your head, See, no jokes there. mouthbreather

Sometimes, rarely, children may need corporal punishment. Not beating.
---
http://freeblago.forumotion.com/f1-the-blago-lounge
Liberals traffic in butthurt in the same way conservatives traffic in indignation
#226Nitro378Posted 4/2/2013 4:47:28 PM
shaolin11 posted...
Sometimes, rarely, children may need corporal punishment. Not beating.

You should probably be on our side then, seeing as that video definitely showed a beating.
---
Zombie Clement Attlee 2015
http://i585.photobucket.com/albums/ss300/Tails82x/SFD/sadchromeo6.png
#227YouAreCrumbsPosted 4/2/2013 4:53:17 PM
Also, who here honestly thinks that having a dominant, male authority figure hit a girl when she's young will somehow make her less likely to be a prostitute or a stripper? Now that these young girls know they should be submissive to violent men, I'm sure their lives will go much better.
---
joey444
We elect Obama and all the capitalists will be executed. This is a legitimate concern of mine. - OMGWTFPIE, 2011
#228IamvegitoPosted 4/2/2013 4:56:55 PM
Holy f*** people are stupid.
---
"A day will come when you think yourself safe and happy, and suddenly your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth, and you'll know the debt is paid."
#229atmasabrPosted 4/2/2013 5:00:11 PM
Zero_Destroyer posted...
Maybe I just think too much, but:

Beating your child is not educating them. It's instilling fear. It's going to make your child more afraid of the parent than the consequences and the latter is what they SHOULD be afraid of: They should learn that when the f*** up, they lose privileges.

"Losing privileges" vs. making sexually suggestive videos that can lead them down the path to promiscuity and pregnancy...

Sorry, no. Instill fear instead. Then talk to them.

cookie_kid posted...
Whether or not you believe in spanking your children as a form of discipline, what this man did was clearly a form of abuse. I don't see how yelling and cursing like a drunk fool while frantically whipping your daughter with a cord while your other child watches is something that could be called good parenting.

Many things that are "abusive" are good parenting, and many things that are not "abusive" are terrible parenting. The two should not be confused.

Some people mentioned that the father should be jailed.

Well, okay, maybe he would be arrested. But you'd have to find an injury on the child first (which is quite possible), and the detective would have to hear why the parent did it.

But even so, the most likely result is they'll get bailed out and plea the case down to a slap on the wrist, if not an outright dismissal. This is true of child protective services as well. Regardless, many parents are more afraid of not disciplining their children than of being sent to prison.

Has anyone on this board suggested an alternative punishment that would carry across a very clear message that the girls are NEVER, EVER to do this again, I mean EVER?

Ah, but that there is the problem with resorting to physical discipline: it only works on good kids, those whose poor judgements can be corrected easily. If the girls never do this again, that's well and good and they've learned their lesson. But suppose they do it again anyway? And often? Then we're not just talking about pain and potential physical injury on one occasion. We are talking about introducing repeated trauma to a child, Physical discipline is supposed to correct a child. If the correction doesn't happen, you need to do something else.

Whereas, if you find a severe non-physical punishment, repeating that inflicts an emotional trauma, but you can walk away from that more easily.
---
Do your own research!
#230IamvegitoPosted 4/2/2013 5:02:34 PM
making sexually suggestive videos that can lead them down the path to promiscuity and pregnancy...

Gotta love that Manichaean party.
---
"A day will come when you think yourself safe and happy, and suddenly your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth, and you'll know the debt is paid."