This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

They're getting imaginative: Evangelical links gay marriage to N Korea threats

#1NoName999Posted 4/2/2013 4:57:25 PM
Frank Luter, the president of the Southern Baptist Convention, implied that North Korea’s continued threats against the United States might just have something to do with gay marriage.

During an interview on ”TruNews,” host Rick Wiles brought up his theory that there might be a connection between the two, considering the Supreme Court is hearing arguments about DOMA and Prop 8 at the exact same time that Kim Jong Un is making threats. “Could our slide in immorality be what is unleashing this madman over here in Asia to punish us?” Wiles asked.

Luter replied that though he’s “not that strong in prophecy,” he’s not ruling out the possibility. “I would not be surprised that at the time when we are debating same-sex marriage, at a time when we’re debating whether or not we should have gays leading the Boy Scout movement, I don’t think it’s just a coincidence that we have a mad man in Asia who is saying some of the things that he’s saying,” Luter said.

http://www.salon.com/2013/04/01/religious_right_leader_links_gay_marriage_and_north_korea_threats/

So God works through Kim John Un????
---
"This grass feels funny," Kirby thought. It feels like.... pants
#2PhoroPosted 4/2/2013 5:00:47 PM
Well, no, I'd say this isn't imaginative whatsoever. It's more like pitifully, depressingly expected.
---
You're killin' me, Smalls.
#3TomorrowDogPosted 4/2/2013 5:04:42 PM
Why stop at North Korea? You can go through a long list of tragic news stories last week that we can't necessarily rule out as having to do with gay marriage.
---
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert
#4wolf_blitzer85Posted 4/2/2013 5:08:23 PM
I would like to make a citizen's arrest of Mr. Luter and deport him to some godforsaken hellhole.
Or I could call some fundies and they'll pronounce him An Hero.
---
Confirm/Deny? The best way to protect 2nd Amendment rights is to have all guns make the 'Pew Pew Pew' sound when you fire them.
#5mystic belmontPosted 4/2/2013 5:08:55 PM
Reminds me of Pat Robertson blaming the earthquake in Haiti on their contract with Satan for their freedom.
---
"Freedom was meaningless without ownership and control over one's own body" -Henry McNeal Turner
[Evil Republican]
#6YermomHoudiniPosted 4/2/2013 5:09:39 PM
nuclear iran
syria
nkorea
cyprus bank failure
european union problems
---
Toy Story 4 trailer, best movie 2015?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGuTN_ilmEk
#7hamsandwich3141Posted 4/2/2013 5:27:34 PM
NoName999 posted...
“Could our slide in immorality be what is unleashing this madman over here in Asia to punish us?”

Wouldn't a slide in immorality mean we are becoming less immoral, aka, more moral?
---
She went after her kids with super love, they turned into drugs. - LastManStanding
#8CapoMafiaPosted 4/2/2013 8:10:37 PM(edited)
I raised my Prophecy to level 22. It's such a grind. You have to keep making predictions until you get something right.
---
Not changing this sig until the Reptilian conspiracy is defeated. Started 5/14/07.
#9TheGoldenStatePosted 4/2/2013 8:12:49 PM(edited)
Because nothing says what you're doing is wrong more than when North Korea disagrees with it

/sarcasm
---
http://i.imgur.com/ncZO1.jpg
Even Madden gets it
#10TidusDaniel54Posted 4/2/2013 8:14:17 PM
The best part is when Anderson Cooper asked him about this and he immediately said he was misunderstood and he meant something else.

I mean smh
---
Trollenberg, home of the Crawling Eye. All stops lead to a bloody death. - Tom Servo