This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dem Mocks Concerned Pro Gun Senior Citizen. 'You'd Probably Be Dead Anyway'

#1Ramsfan19Posted 4/5/2013 7:02:42 AM
Among the scheduled panelists at the forum were DeGette, Ed Perlmutter (D-Colo.), Republican state Sen. Kevin Lundberg, and Larimer County Sheriff Justin Smith, according to the Denver Post.

“My question is: What about me?” the Denver citizen asked Rep. DeGette, arguing against limiting magazine capacity. “There may not be one bad guy that comes into my house… I have to change magazines? I am a serious disadvantage.”

“What about me?” he repeated.

After arrogantly smirking at his question, DeGette replied: “The good news for you, you live in Denver. The [Denver Police Department] would be there within minutes.”

“You’d probably be dead anyway if they had that kind of firepower,” she added.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/04/03/dem-congresswoman-mocks-concerned-pro-gun-senior-citizen-youd-probably-be-dead-anyway/
---
I want to be in Kentucky when the world ends, because everything there happens 20 years later
#2JIC XPosted 4/5/2013 7:04:49 AM
Well, it's hard to argue with the logic.
---
And that is why the age of magic is at an end. {WoT}, Emeritus
#3Sniper_BrosefPosted 4/5/2013 7:10:15 AM
JIC X posted...
Well, it's hard to argue with the logic.

Hard to argue with the logic? It's hard to argue that this senior citizen will be less-effective at defending himself and his home against possible intruders directly because of governmental restrictions? She even says, "Police are minutes away." It takes a second to pull a trigger, we can't wait minutes...
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#4I have no namePosted 4/5/2013 7:15:33 AM
I know you desperately want this to be a "Look at those stupid rude democrats", but how are they wrong? If this NRA fantasy actually came true and a horde of fleetfooted criminals were laying siege to your house why would it matter if you're magazine held 5 or 50 rounds? You'd still be one guy with a gun against several people with guns.

Why are you even posting here? Shouldn't you be busy sending harrassing emails to the newtown survivors like your fellow gun nuts?
---
"My show's not a comedy. It's a horrordy. It's called Blood Dumpster."
"Your pilot gave me nightmares!"
#5mystic belmontPosted 4/5/2013 7:17:17 AM
I know you desperately want this to be a "Look at those stupid rude democrats", but how are they wrong? If this NRA fantasy actually came true and a horde of fleetfooted criminals were laying siege to your house why would it matter if you're magazine held 5 or 50 rounds? You'd still be one guy with a gun against several people with guns.

Why are you even posting here? Shouldn't you be busy sending harrassing emails to the newtown survivors like your fellow gun nuts?

And in a situation like that, where you are extremely nervous and caught off guard, how likely is it for you to be able to hit your target anyway?
---
"Freedom was meaningless without ownership and control over one's own body" -Henry McNeal Turner
[Evil Republican]
#6GrrManPosted 4/5/2013 7:17:44 AM
I love it when people say "bad guy" in real life situations
---
"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth..." - Khalil Gibran
#7RufusNKenRSTierPosted 4/5/2013 7:20:00 AM
In their fantasy land, every shot lands dead center and is fatal- the only limitation is clip size- and of course, those nasty dems.

Also, all of the targets- err excuse me "bad guys"- are swarthy, dark skinned men: democrats to a man, no doubt.
---
Reign of Dragons referral code H3JC7GR
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/261-politics/59182173
#8WordUpButterCupPosted 4/5/2013 7:23:27 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#9Tim_OsmanPosted 4/5/2013 7:27:36 AM(edited)
I have no name posted...
If this NRA fantasy actually came true and a horde of fleetfooted criminals were laying siege to your house why would it matter if you're magazine held 5 or 50 rounds? You'd still be one guy with a gun against several people with guns.

This beyond stupid. Do really not see how a lower magazine capacity in this situation would decrease his chances of survival?

mystic belmont posted...

And in a situation like that, where you are extremely nervous and caught off guard, how likely is it for you to be able to hit your target anyway?

Isn't the whole argument for magazine capacity limits based on the idea that less ammunition in a magazine can save lives in a mass shooting? Therefore, more ammunition in a magazine in this scenario would provide an increased chance of survival for the homeowner.
---
My point is where is the change Obama is promising? - hellanicus
http://i.imgur.com/1OLNrV7.jpg
#10JIC XPosted 4/5/2013 7:23:59 AM
GrrMan posted...
I love it when people say "bad guy" in real life situations

Well, and that people just take it for granted that the paradigm case of a home invasion involves a horde of heavily-armed marauders showing up with no purpose but to kill.

That can happen, obviously, but does it really happen often enough to warrant worrying about it? You could get hit by a meteor, too. Does that mean you'll never go outside without a man-portable anti-meteor canopy?

Criminals normally try to break into homes while nobody's there.
It's easier to steal things that way.
---
And that is why the age of magic is at an end. {WoT}, Emeritus