This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

America's Death Zones: Where NOT To Be When It Hits the Fan

#11BahamutPosted 4/5/2013 4:01:51 PM
Ah, survivalists. Always good for an amusing read.
---
"If you give me six lines written by the hand of the most honest of men, I will find something in them which will hang him." -Cardinal Richelieu
#12jastenPosted 4/5/2013 4:15:17 PM
Bahamut posted...

You know.. this attitude is just baffling. So they take their own money to build up stores of necessary items and learn how to survive. Doesn't affect you... until something like this possibly happens then the millions of worthless fools come crying to the few smart ones that were at least prepared for something....

Yeah... I'd rather be looked at as paranoid and be prepared to survive if I needed rather than be a normal idiot city slicker with his thump up his ass wondering how to find water and then not even knowing how to make it safe to drink.
---
We are not merely the sum of our parts
#13Evil Genius 9Posted 4/5/2013 4:29:36 PM
You know.. this attitude is just baffling. So they take their own money to build up stores of necessary items and learn how to survive. Doesn't affect you... until something like this possibly happens then the millions of worthless fools come crying to the few smart ones that were at least prepared for something....

Yeah... I'd rather be looked at as paranoid and be prepared to survive if I needed rather than be a normal idiot city slicker with his thump up his ass wondering how to find water and then not even knowing how to make it safe to drink.

Did you read the comments? These guys are all complaining about their wives who left them. And they probably left because these guys are paranoid mal-adjusted nutters. There's a difference between being prepared and just being nuts.

---
Every day I fight for you. I tell them how smart you are. Turns out, I was wrong. You people are stupid.
-- Dave Chappelle
#14FunWithAFryPanPosted 4/5/2013 4:40:09 PM
jasten posted...
Bahamut posted...

Being hyper-defensive sure helps your cause a lot! You seem totally normal and well-adjusted!

Haha, no not really.
---
He who strikes with meaning is killed by meaning.
#15jastenPosted 4/5/2013 4:44:25 PM
FunWithAFryPan posted...
jasten posted...
Bahamut posted...

Being hyper-defensive sure helps your cause a lot! You seem totally normal and well-adjusted!

Haha, no not really.

I'm no where near some survivalists levels.. but I don't go and demean them to make myself feel better for some reason. But then, I think if you didn't try to insult and demean your life would be devoid of all meaning so....
---
#16FunWithAFryPanPosted 4/5/2013 5:09:58 PM
Yes my only purpose in life is to mock paranoid Costco members.
---
He who strikes with meaning is killed by meaning.
#17Zero_DestroyerPosted 4/5/2013 6:16:03 PM
jasten posted...
Bahamut posted...

It's more so the blatant lying survivalist sites go for to try and make people paranoid over things that are unlikely to happen. Even in catastrophic situations (See: Hurricanes) the result is rarely ever "WOMFG ANARCHY KILL EVERYTHING" like survivalists think it will be.
---
The Official Shiek Mainer in SSBB.
I am ZERO! The deck maker o' DOOM!
#18jastenPosted 4/5/2013 7:56:37 PM
Zero_Destroyer posted...
jasten posted...
Bahamut posted...

It's more so the blatant lying survivalist sites go for to try and make people paranoid over things that are unlikely to happen. Even in catastrophic situations (See: Hurricanes) the result is rarely ever "WOMFG ANARCHY KILL EVERYTHING" like survivalists think it will be.

Those are only the survivalists that get the media exposure.. because it sells. I mean really... how many people would read common sense survival issues unless it was hyped up and sensationalised? It gives the rest a bad name just because of those prepping for the zombie apocalypse.
---
#19HuskerFan2002Posted 4/5/2013 8:31:50 PM
YouAreCrumbs posted...
I'll get to the middle of a corn field in the middle of some ****ty central state right away!

You're more than welcome to stay at my place!
---
@HuskerInsanity
#20HuskerFan2002Posted 4/5/2013 8:32:40 PM
MushroomsDMT posted...
bumf*** Nebraska and nowhere Utah are pretty damn death zone-ish too.

You don't want to live in Omaha. Ever. Rest of the state is fine.
---
@HuskerInsanity