This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Obama forced to apologize for saying the Cali Attorney General is good looking

#21Pogo_MarimoPosted 4/5/2013 9:14:05 PM
EvilNcr posted...
Well, it's a bit inappropriate in that I doubt an attorney general wants to be complimented for her looks rather than the quality of her job. Some women would take it to mean she's a pair of boobs.

Obama just got finished saying how accomplished and qualified she was before he also commented on her good looks.

This is one of the worst faux outrage issues I've seen in a long time.
---
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mde7ynxN261rl32eao1_1280.png
http://www.last.fm/user/Pogo92
#22NYY11Posted 4/5/2013 9:32:12 PM
Superlnfinity45 posted...
okay, I've changed my mind after seeing Obama calling lots of guys "that good looking guy" from clips on Piers Morgan. I still think it was worse than that (there weren't any clips of him calling someone the BEST looking guy), however it's enough to make me take back my stance against it. I see both sides.

Note also that unlike the femin***s who consider it offensive, I consider it a compliment and begrudge her the compliment....

I'm glad that video got put together. When Obama said this and people got offended, my first thought was, "I swear he's said this about a ton of male politicians before."
---
Red Bull New York
Arsenal F.C.
#23TheshamenPosted 4/5/2013 10:26:43 PM
EvilNcr posted...
Well, it's a bit inappropriate in that I doubt an attorney general wants to be complimented for her looks rather than the quality of her job. Some women would take it to mean she's a pair of boobs.

But he complimented her on her quality of work RIGHT BEFORE HE SAID THAT
---
I will not change this sig until Alterac Valley is reverted pre-BC http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/969937114
12/21/08
#24EvilNcrPosted 4/5/2013 10:39:46 PM
But he complimented her on her quality of work RIGHT BEFORE HE SAID THAT

Oh. Didn't probably read it. It's still somewhat undermines his compliments about the quality of her work though. Since that is completely irrelevant. But it's not like a big outrage, more like a meh, whatever.
---
*sigh* Lemme get my TI-83+ ...WTF!? Piece of trash!!*throws it away*~Rodri316 during his proof of why -4^2=16
All Hail BlAcK TuRtLe!
#25hamsandwich3141Posted 4/5/2013 10:46:10 PM
It's kind of a weird thing to say, but not really something that needs to be apologized for unless the attorney general was offended.
---
She went after her kids with super love, they turned into drugs. - LastManStanding
#26Heineken14Posted 4/6/2013 12:20:12 AM
Republicans say many, many, many racist things toward Obama and his family: *media doesn't care*

Obama tells an attractive female she is attractive: *media loses their s****
---
"You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan
#27Heineken14Posted 4/6/2013 12:21:06 AM
People in office can't just blurt out anything they want, they have to be a lot more professional and thoughtful, especially while they're on professional businesss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n5E7feJHw0
---
Do you have anything flashier? I want something that says "I own this room. I own you."
#28JIC XPosted 4/6/2013 12:22:02 AM
It's not the worst thing you could say about someone, but it certainly wasn't appropriate in the context.

I'd say that there's really no upside, ever, to a man--particularly a man in a position of authority--commenting in any manner whatsoever on the physical appearance of his female co-workers... But if it is ever appropriate, it's not appropriate to do it the way Obama did.

He's right to apologize.
---
And that is why the age of magic is at an end. {WoT}, Emeritus
#29sfcalimariPosted 4/6/2013 12:28:00 AM
okay, I've changed my mind after seeing Obama calling lots of guys "that good looking guy" from clips on Piers Morgan.

Our first bimexual president?

Note also that unlike the femin***s who consider it offensive

Don't you like to spout off about your aryan brothers?
---
It is bad when one thing becomes two. One should not look for anything else in the Way of the Samurai.
#30SocksForWokXFX(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2013 7:57:54 PM
Heineken14 posted...
Republicans say many, many, many racist things toward Obama and his family: *media doesn't care*

Never heard any of this, is it posted only on left-leaning news outlets?

If so anyone rational would be hard pressed to take the claim seriously. The liberal media has told too many lies to be considered credible regarding racist allegations.