This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which will have more support 40 years from now: abortion or gay marriage?

#1atmasabrPosted 4/6/2013 7:45:48 AM
I guess this is two separate questions:

1) Will more people support the legal recognition of same sex marriage or legalized abortion?

2) Will more people think abortion is morally wrong or that gay marriage is morally wrong?

40 years since Roe v. Wade, the country remains sharply divided on abortion, to put it mildly. And given current political trends, it is likely to remain so for quite some time, despite the popular opinion trends the Supreme Court highlighted at the time of its decision.

So what about gay marriage?
---
Do your own research!
#2funkeepickPosted 4/6/2013 7:47:41 AM
Gay marriage easily.
---
"I will never post on 261 again if Ron Paul doesn't get 500 delegates at the very least."
~FPSIreland
#3atmasabr(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2013 7:52:24 AM
Eeep!

1a and 2a) And why?
---
Do your own research!
#4ClutchPosted 4/6/2013 7:53:00 AM
I'm pretty sure gay marriage already has more support, so yeah.
---
"The historian looks backward; eventually he also believes backward" - F.N.
#5TheRealJiraiyaPosted 4/6/2013 7:54:09 AM
Gay marriage, no question. In 40 years it will look like a nonissue like interracial marriage. Pro-life will always have some level of sympathy just because people naturally care for the plight of human young
---
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. -Plato
http://tinyurl.com/JoinThisIRunIt
#6FergerbergerPosted 4/6/2013 9:38:04 AM
In 40 years gay marriage will be celebrated like any other marriage. But in 40 years even as a pro choicer, I'll still wince at abortions, it's a necessary decision but never a happy one.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#7ryan0991Posted 4/6/2013 11:36:06 AM
Gay marriage easily.

---
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/newblack/BOBtheMASTER.jpg
Could care less = you care at least somewhat. Couldn't care less = you don't care at all.
#8Long_BottomPosted 4/6/2013 11:46:33 AM
That's bleak that I have to wait until I'm 60 for when people will stop demonising my marriage.
---
NNID: Laroche
#9JVillJagsPosted 4/6/2013 4:49:51 PM
Gay marriage because of the different levels in the marriage issue. Those opposed to gay marriage can always retreat and draw another line in the sand. These are the same people that opposed divorce a really long time ago. Then they opposed interracial marriage. Now they're opposing gay marriage. Once they lose on that they'll redraw the line at some other level. But for abortion there are no lines or levels (unless you count partial birth). There is just pro-choice and pro-life. There is no where for the pro-lifers to retreat to so they'll always stand their ground at opposing abortion.
---
Brief Bio
25 year old grad student from Maine. Republican who watches sports and plays video games.
#10FunWithAFryPanPosted 4/6/2013 4:55:52 PM
Long_Bottom posted...
That's bleak that I have to wait until I'm 60 for when people will stop demonising my marriage.

That's...not what he meant.
---
He who strikes with meaning is killed by meaning.