This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Conservative Talk Radio is addictive

#1FindKenshiPosted 4/7/2013 4:08:43 PM
I am what you'd call either liberal or libertarian (I'm still new enough to politics I don't know if those two are different.) I've never been conservative, I for the most part hate Republicans and conservatives.. yet I've started listening to Conservative Talk Radio and I just can't stop.

I'm addicted.

I hate almost every one of the Radio personalities I hear on there, and I disagree with almost everything they have to say.. but I just can't stop listening to it. I listen to it every day on my commute to and from work, and it usually gets me fired up and outraged.

Well last week I did something I thought i would never ever do. I called the station to try to get on the air to explain to the guy why he was wrong about a certain issue. I ended up on hold for 25 minutes and when i arrived at work I just hung up and gave up.
---
From this day forward, I will troll no more forever.
17 JAN 2012
#2JohnnyTHM1212Posted 4/7/2013 4:09:32 PM
FindKenshi posted...
I listen to it every day on my commute to and from work

I'd switch to audiobooks.
---
He can swim through matter, he has poisoned teeth
His tentacles have murdered, his scream can kill the weak
#3FindKenshi(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 4:11:46 PM
I realize it's all lip service.. they're putting on a show, basically. I laugh when they get all "fake angry" as I call it. Like if someone they support has a gaffe or if someone they oppose has one, they get all fired up on there and pretend to be furious and spitting fire, but it's just "fake angry" basically. Like they're just trying to entertain a certain audience of people I feel sorry for because they really do care about politics that much.

But now I'm listening to it too, and I can't stop o_O
---
From this day forward, I will troll no more forever.
17 JAN 2012
#4JolteonPosted 4/7/2013 11:47:11 PM
I went through a similar stage, and I can tell you it's not worth it. Just about any alternative would be better, and you won't miss it once you stop.

I usually either listen to MPR or my own music through my phone/bluetooth on my way to work, and occasionally I'll listen to trance on satellite radio if they're running a promotion or something. Seriously though, I get why you find it entertaining and all, but you'd be better off actually finding yourself informed about current events than just "fired up" by how offensively dishonest talk radio hosts are (or alternately just relaxing and enjoying some music on your way to work; like I said, pretty much anything would be a better choice).
---
Is this finally a conundrum that CAN'T be solved by helicopter theft?
#5koala_cool_jPosted 4/7/2013 11:49:12 PM
Lol I listen to it when I visit my mom in Oklahoma. It's pretty fun when you have someone else to make fun of it with you. The only danger is when you listen to it so much you start to go "Well, they're not really THAT wrong. I guess I could see that being true."

slippery slope my friend.
---
Join a new revolution in how people get information. www.talkingpoints.co
#6GreenTreeClubPosted 4/7/2013 11:55:39 PM
Listen to Alex Jones, you will agree with him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_STRqHD7tk
---
TC of the first and second 500 post topics in the history of Advice (Board #295)
#7StarksPosted 4/8/2013 12:01:09 AM
Listen to NPR

Calm voices, zero shouting
---
Your resident Linux gamer pal
http://chat.mibbit.com/?server=Rizon.Mibbit.org&channel=#otchat
#8JolteonPosted 4/8/2013 12:02:58 AM

Not to mention thoughtful analysis, and time given to both sides of issues.
---
Is this finally a conundrum that CAN'T be solved by helicopter theft?
#9Villain_S_FiendPosted 4/8/2013 12:16:36 AM
Occasionally I enjoy listening to Mark Levine and Michael Savage, just to laugh at their stupid angry voices.
---
No man is pudding.
#10DragooneerZeroPosted 4/8/2013 12:19:52 AM
Starks posted...
Listen to NPR

not only that, amazing features programming

when you tune into one of their longform stories you're getting a level of nuance and skill that's all but dead in broadcast media
---
Sent from my iPad via PowerGuides 1.10