This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Conservative Talk Radio is addictive

#11FunWithAFryPanPosted 4/8/2013 1:21:33 AM
I can't agree enough with the posters recommending NPR.
---
He who strikes with meaning is killed by meaning.
#12sfcalimariPosted 4/8/2013 1:31:48 AM
OBEY

CONSUME

---
It is bad when one thing becomes two. One should not look for anything else in the Way of the Samurai.
#13TheRealJiraiyaPosted 4/8/2013 2:14:25 AM
JohnnyTHM1212 posted...
FindKenshi posted...
I listen to it every day on my commute to and from work

I'd switch to audiobooks.

Specifically Hank the Cowdog.
---
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. -Plato
http://tinyurl.com/JoinThisIRunIt
#14wolf_blitzer85Posted 4/8/2013 7:41:22 AM
Oxycotin is also quite addictive.
---
Redcount doesn't even lift and he thinks he's all badass. -- Cynyn
#15MephsuitPosted 4/8/2013 7:58:50 AM(edited)
koala_cool_j posted...
Lol I listen to it when I visit my mom in Oklahoma. It's pretty fun when you have someone else to make fun of it with you. The only danger is when you listen to it so much you start to go "Well, they're not really THAT wrong. I guess I could see that being true."

slippery slope my friend.

Yeah, I agree.

I was listening to the usual jerkwads (Hannity, Rush, Savage) and one day I accidentally hit the wrong station button, and it took me to a LOCAL conservative talk show. Best mistake ever. The local people are even nuttier (this host had a woman concerned with drone noise scaring away birds from her bird feeder) and the phone lines are clear since it's local and you can call in and argue a lot easier.

But it will warp your brain if you listen too much.
---
"Mephsuit, as he so often is, is right." - Token sane 261 member Saber_Tiger a.k.a. SST
#16mystic belmontPosted 4/8/2013 9:03:15 AM
I can stand Hannity, Levin and Limbaugh, but I can't seem to be able to listen to Wilkow for more than 20 minutes.
---
"Freedom was meaningless without ownership and control over one's own body" -Henry McNeal Turner
[Evil Republican]
#17MephsuitPosted 4/8/2013 10:52:27 AM
Levin is just unbearable. Not that he's any "worse" with the type of crap he spews, but his voice is like if Fran Drescher mated with Mandark from Dexter's Laboratory.
---
"Mephsuit, as he so often is, is right." - Token sane 261 member Saber_Tiger a.k.a. SST
#18CC RicersPosted 4/8/2013 12:55:03 PM
I hate almost every one of the Radio personalities I hear on there, and I disagree with almost everything they have to say.. but I just can't stop listening to it. I listen to it every day on my commute to and from work, and it usually gets me fired up and outraged.

When you put it that way, I guess it would get you pumped for a workout.
---
with Santorum in the White House immoral acts like Sandy Hook and the Aurora Massacre would not have happened. -Bored troll looking to tango
#19FindKenshi(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2013 8:18:29 PM
Villain_S_Fiend posted...
Michael Savage

Heh. He's one of the worst ones.. I can't comprehend how anyone is actually a loyal fan.. don't they all just listen to it because they hate him?
---
From this day forward, I will troll no more forever.
17 JAN 2012
#20wolf_blitzer85Posted 4/11/2013 6:27:15 AM
I must commend them for their superior brainwashing techniques.
---
Redcount doesn't even lift and he thinks he's all badass. -- Cynyn