This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Mike Reynolds (OK rep) - "It's Not Our Job To See That Anyone Gets An Education"

#182xenoPosted 4/8/2013 3:05:06 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/08/mike-reynolds-education_n_3038157.html?utm_hp_ref=politics

Lockhart : "How do we guarantee that students like Austin, who is clearly very much a top student, get an education? These are the ones that will cure cancer, create the next big invention or possibly become a great leader. How do we help these students? It's OUR JOB to see this kid get an education. We want our best and brightest to receive an education that lets them reach their full potential. We are failing him."

Reynolds : "It is not our job to see that anyone gets an education. It is not the responsibility of me, you, or any constituent in my district to pay for his or any other persons [sic] education. Their GPA, ACT, AS[V]AB, determination have nothing to do with who is responsible. Their potential to benefit society is irrelevant."

BOOTSTRAP, I say!
---
GOP - "Obama believes in redistribution of wealth".
So do you - http://www.epi.org/publication/ib330-productivity-vs-compensation/
#2StartrekkyPosted 4/8/2013 3:12:04 PM
This is an unfortunately pervasive attitude in American society. It's one that I just can't understand, and it doesn't bode will for our future.
---
With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably. --Picard
#3xeionpPosted 4/8/2013 3:13:00 PM
The true best and brightest are able to get full scholarships.
---
Superman loves Louis Lane and Spider-Man loves Mary Jane Watson-Parker
DC and Marvel are equally disassociate with their fan base.
#4KavatarPosted 4/8/2013 3:14:08 PM
He is referring to college education, of which the necessity for the government to provide is at least debatable.
---
theblast (Posted 7:30:02 PM): Dare I ask what a meatspin is
theblast (Posted 7:31:06 PM): Oh dear god. Clearing private data... now.
#5Magus1947Posted 4/8/2013 3:25:07 PM
I don't know why the Republicans are in favor of an ignorant unemployed populous. Oh wait, yes I do. Their party is owned by oligarchs who live on yachts and feel no loyalty or love toward America.
---
In the corrupted currents of this world, offence's gilded hand may shove by justice, and oft 'tis seen the wicked prize itself buys out the law
#6TheshamenPosted 4/8/2013 4:01:38 PM
Republicans don't want people to go to college because 63% of college educated voters vote democrat

Another stat is that

10/10 of the 10 most educated states voted for obama (most educated being % of people with a college degree)

will 9/10 of the LEAST educated states voted for romney.

The outlier being #7 (or 43rd) nevada which voted for obama
---
I will not change this sig until Alterac Valley is reverted pre-BC http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/969937114
12/21/08
#7Barenziah Boy ToyPosted 4/8/2013 4:57:33 PM
The true best and brightest are able to get full scholarships.
The best and brightest are typically those that got 'scholarships' from birth, by virtue of having financially stable and loving parents that supported their development from the minute they left their mothers' wombs
---
You don't need a treaty to have free trade. M Rothbard
{Self-Hating Token Asian of the Ivory Tower's Zionist Elite}
#8Dmilla_AltPosted 4/8/2013 5:03:17 PM
Government run education sucks so let's have more of it? Give people tax breaks that let them choose a private school instead of forcing them to paying tax for the public school.
#9Barenziah Boy ToyPosted 4/8/2013 5:08:56 PM(edited)
Government run education sucks so let's have more of it? Give people tax breaks that let them choose a private school instead of forcing them to paying tax for the public school.
And what happens to children that no private schools will accept or those whose parents can't afford? Just let them hang out unsupervised on the streets
?
---
You don't need a treaty to have free trade. M Rothbard
{Self-Hating Token Asian of the Ivory Tower's Zionist Elite}
#10IvynnPosted 4/8/2013 5:24:55 PM
"Keep 'em stupid, they'll keep voting for you." - Republican strategy.
---
http://i.imgur.com/vDci4hD.gif