This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Good news for the British Economy!

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Good news for the British Economy!
3 years ago#1
Amid an otherwise bleak landscape, Britain’s economy is showing one unexpected bright spot: the job market for butlers is booming.

The rising fortunes of the world’s wealthiest are creating a global demand for butlers unsurpassed at any time in the last 50 years.

Not just any domestic help will do.

Discreet, impeccably elegant and as comfortable typing on a Blackberry as uncorking a champagne bottle, the image of British butlers makes them requisite status symbols on par with Ferraris in the garage — and they’re being exported to the houses and private yachts of the planet’s uber-wealthy in droves.

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/regions/europe/united-kingdom/130411/butler-wealth-economy

I hate this country...
Not Changing this sig until the world has no more wars, until no person must go to bed hungry, until every women is liberated and empowered, and society is Just
3 years ago#2
Well they are the original exporters of butlers.
I think he means that if Romney was shocked every time he lied, we'd end up with two black candidates ;)- AlucardSX
3 years ago#3
So what you're saying is, there are a whole lot of Batmen hiring Alfreds out there.
Miami Heat: 2012 NBA Champions | 27 Straight Victories.
I'm a TWSSted bastard.
3 years ago#4
What exactly is wrong with this?

So rich people want to have servants. So? I would in the food service industry, I'm a "servant" to hundreds of different people every day. Being a butler is preferable to that; a personal relationship with one individual, and probably with a decent salary, too.

Better a butler than cleaning toilets. Why do you not want people to have decent jobs?
Going to Saskatoon to catch an all ages Ahnabith Gish show for 15 Canadian dollars. Maybe I'll get a wrist band so I can drink a refreshing Molson's - Orca
3 years ago#5
AlmightyHamSandwich posted...
So what you're saying is, there are a whole lot of Batmen hiring Alfreds out there.

Congratulations, you have now given me the awesome mental image of a country full of Batmen. Have an internets.
"Mjolnir: apply directly to the forehead."
Wanna know how to keep an idiot busy for hours on end? See quote for details!
3 years ago#6
Redcount posted...
What exactly is wrong with this?

So rich people want to have servants. So? I would in the food service industry, I'm a "servant" to hundreds of different people every day. Being a butler is preferable to that; a personal relationship with one individual, and probably with a decent salary, too.

Better a butler than cleaning toilets. Why do you not want people to have decent jobs?

Whose job is it to explain to Redcount why something is bad this week?
Now give tribute to the alpha male, freeloader.
Redcount doesn't even lift and he thinks he's all badass. -Cynyn
3 years ago#7
I'm eager for someone to try. I bet butlers make a **** ton more than I do.
Going to Saskatoon to catch an all ages Ahnabith Gish show for 15 Canadian dollars. Maybe I'll get a wrist band so I can drink a refreshing Molson's - Orca
3 years ago#8
Color me totally surprised that Redcount would enjoy the job of jerb creator **** sucker.
Zombie Clement Attlee 2015
http://i585.photobucket.com/albums/ss300/Tails82x/SFD/sadchromeo6.png
3 years ago#9
Only a fool would want to be a pet for the bourgeois.
Not Changing this sig until the world has no more wars, until no person must go to bed hungry, until every women is liberated and empowered, and society is Just
3 years ago#10
I don't see the problem here. You get to work in a nice house, doing relatively easy work for what I assume is pretty good money. And when company isn't over and you've worked there for a while, I bet things get somewhat relaxed and comfortable, as well. Kind of like with Geoffrey from Fresh Prince.

I bet it's better than retail. In what seems to be every single way.
Are you suggesting that moon should get off his ass and write some stories? He's like the Stephen King of gamefaqs. - Sorbz
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Good news for the British Economy!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived