This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Good news for the British Economy!

#1Lion_of_GeminiPosted 4/12/2013 5:03:49 PM
Amid an otherwise bleak landscape, Britain’s economy is showing one unexpected bright spot: the job market for butlers is booming.

The rising fortunes of the world’s wealthiest are creating a global demand for butlers unsurpassed at any time in the last 50 years.

Not just any domestic help will do.

Discreet, impeccably elegant and as comfortable typing on a Blackberry as uncorking a champagne bottle, the image of British butlers makes them requisite status symbols on par with Ferraris in the garage — and they’re being exported to the houses and private yachts of the planet’s uber-wealthy in droves.

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/regions/europe/united-kingdom/130411/butler-wealth-economy

I hate this country...
---
Not Changing this sig until the world has no more wars, until no person must go to bed hungry, until every women is liberated and empowered, and society is Just
#2KradekPosted 4/12/2013 5:07:31 PM
Well they are the original exporters of butlers.
---
I think he means that if Romney was shocked every time he lied, we'd end up with two black candidates ;)- AlucardSX
#3AlmightyHamSandwichPosted 4/12/2013 7:28:55 PM
So what you're saying is, there are a whole lot of Batmen hiring Alfreds out there.
---
Miami Heat: 2012 NBA Champions | 27 Straight Victories.
I'm a TWSSted bastard.
#4RedcountPosted 4/12/2013 7:38:37 PM
What exactly is wrong with this?

So rich people want to have servants. So? I would in the food service industry, I'm a "servant" to hundreds of different people every day. Being a butler is preferable to that; a personal relationship with one individual, and probably with a decent salary, too.

Better a butler than cleaning toilets. Why do you not want people to have decent jobs?
---
Going to Saskatoon to catch an all ages Ahnabith Gish show for 15 Canadian dollars. Maybe I'll get a wrist band so I can drink a refreshing Molson's - Orca
#5SpawnShadowPosted 4/12/2013 7:57:16 PM
AlmightyHamSandwich posted...
So what you're saying is, there are a whole lot of Batmen hiring Alfreds out there.

Congratulations, you have now given me the awesome mental image of a country full of Batmen. Have an internets.
---
"Mjolnir: apply directly to the forehead."
Wanna know how to keep an idiot busy for hours on end? See quote for details!
#6ColbertFan1337Posted 4/12/2013 7:59:34 PM
Redcount posted...
What exactly is wrong with this?

So rich people want to have servants. So? I would in the food service industry, I'm a "servant" to hundreds of different people every day. Being a butler is preferable to that; a personal relationship with one individual, and probably with a decent salary, too.

Better a butler than cleaning toilets. Why do you not want people to have decent jobs?

Whose job is it to explain to Redcount why something is bad this week?
---
Now give tribute to the alpha male, freeloader.
Redcount doesn't even lift and he thinks he's all badass. -Cynyn
#7RedcountPosted 4/13/2013 1:24:25 AM
I'm eager for someone to try. I bet butlers make a **** ton more than I do.
---
Going to Saskatoon to catch an all ages Ahnabith Gish show for 15 Canadian dollars. Maybe I'll get a wrist band so I can drink a refreshing Molson's - Orca
#8Nitro378Posted 4/13/2013 10:25:33 AM
Color me totally surprised that Redcount would enjoy the job of jerb creator **** sucker.
---
Zombie Clement Attlee 2015
http://i585.photobucket.com/albums/ss300/Tails82x/SFD/sadchromeo6.png
#9Lion_of_Gemini(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2013 7:45:24 PM
Only a fool would want to be a pet for the bourgeois.
---
Not Changing this sig until the world has no more wars, until no person must go to bed hungry, until every women is liberated and empowered, and society is Just
#10mooninomicsPosted 4/15/2013 7:54:16 PM
I don't see the problem here. You get to work in a nice house, doing relatively easy work for what I assume is pretty good money. And when company isn't over and you've worked there for a while, I bet things get somewhat relaxed and comfortable, as well. Kind of like with Geoffrey from Fresh Prince.

I bet it's better than retail. In what seems to be every single way.
---
Are you suggesting that moon should get off his ass and write some stories? He's like the Stephen King of gamefaqs. - Sorbz