This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Disgusting racial profiling after the attack.

#1Mr SandbagPosted 4/16/2013 12:44:14 PM
I'm surprised the board isn't up in arms over this.

http://www.businessinsider.com/cbs-saudi-man-in-custody-was-tackled-by-bystanders-at-boston-marathon-2013-4

He since has been released and is no longer a suspect. This of course after he survived the blast, after he was tackled, after his apartment was searched by the police, after his property was taken by the police. All this because of the way he looked. Disgusting. Their excuse? He was running from the blast. Well no ****! So were hundreds of others.

I thought we were past this crap.
---
got sand?
#2sobergermanguyPosted 4/16/2013 12:48:33 PM
Mr Sandbag posted...
I thought we were past this crap.

why
#3kmick2Posted 4/16/2013 12:54:52 PM
Racial profiling has always been, and will always be a part of police investigations, and it isn't going away.
---
I can walk away from millions because it's not right, but I'll be damned if I'll back an inch from a dime because it has to be so.-Bruce Lee
#4LuigisBroPosted 4/16/2013 1:09:11 PM
he should sue the people who tackled him
---
2013 megatons - 3DS redesign with no 3D, WiiU flops, DS player for WiiU, no new PS or Xbox, MH4 flops
#5YouAreCrumbsPosted 4/16/2013 1:13:16 PM
LuigisBro posted...
he should sue the people who tackled him

I'm sure a good samaritan got their names and license plates written down.
---
joey444
We elect Obama and all the capitalists will be executed. This is a legitimate concern of mine. - OMGWTFPIE, 2011
#6Everybody_CriesPosted 4/16/2013 1:14:22 PM
I hope the BPD is sued for a LOT of money
---
A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.
#7ClutchPosted 4/16/2013 1:22:44 PM
Good to see you guys have your priorities straight.
---
"The historian looks backward; eventually he also believes backward" - F.N.
#8IcewitchPosted 4/16/2013 1:27:51 PM
It's not "racial profiling" when citizen bystanders are suspicious enough of you to tackle you to the ground and bring you to the cops. Racism on the part of the bystanders, maybe, if their sole motivation was race (which we don't yet know is true). "Racial profiling" implies the police just rolled up to him because he was Saudi and arrested him solely on that ground.

Are you saying the cops should have just ignored the guy a bunch of suspicious civilians turned in to them? Yeah I bet you'd all make wonderful cops.
---
Current GOTY: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Currently hyping: Dark Souls II
#9sobergermanguyPosted 4/16/2013 1:34:27 PM
Icewitch posted...
"Racial profiling" implies the police just rolled up to him because he was Saudi and arrested him solely on that ground.

This is exactly what happened
#10LuigisBroPosted 4/16/2013 1:34:59 PM
Icewitch posted...
It's not "racial profiling" when citizen bystanders are suspicious enough of you to tackle you to the ground and bring you to the cops.

its racial profiling cause the only reason they were suspicious of this guy is cause of his skin color
---
2013 megatons - 3DS redesign with no 3D, WiiU flops, DS player for WiiU, no new PS or Xbox, MH4 flops