This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

National concealed carry up for vote in senate

#41Red XlVPosted 4/17/2013 4:26:20 PM
Red XlV posted...
No, I'm concerned of residents of said "constitutional carry" states, with lack of background checks to carry, waltzing into states that require said background checks. That is the logical problem with this bill, a terrible loophole when all is said and done.

No, it's an illogical "problem", because in those states that don't require a permit to carry concealed, there is no permit that would be brought with them to other states.

logical, illogical. The problem is still apparent.

The problem is nonexistent, for the reason I explained. Vermont, for example, allows guns to be carried with no permit requirement. But there's no way a Vermont resident would be able go to New York and use their carry permit there, because there's no such thing as a Vermont carry permit.
---
A bad enough dude to save the President.
"We chose more government instead of more freedom." - Marco Rubio (R-Florida)
#42CyborgSage00x0Posted 4/17/2013 9:04:41 PM
The fact that a National CC law got closer to passing than enchanced background checks, with 90% public support, is ****ing disgusting. I'm ready to just out-right let Obama become a dictator at this point, because Congress is so ****ing useless. And by Congress, I almost exclusively mean Republicans. Dems just need to lable them as supporters of gun murder at this point, go for the throat.
---
Currently playing: Borderlands 2, LoL, Super Mario 3DS, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Pokemon White 2, NSMB3DS.
#43NavexPosted 4/18/2013 11:29:12 AM
So let me get this right...this bill was for expanding background checks, making gun trafficking a federal crime, and putting more money into school security?

Why in the blue **** was this opposed and voted down? This country is ****ing stupid. Before I say anything else, I'm not of any political party, don't like or hate Obama, not opposed to citizens owning firearms, or such but this just sounds amazingly stupid.

Look at a bulk of the shootings that have occurred in the last few years here, most were caused by psychotics that were diagnosed with severe mental issues but thanks to the current lax laws they could still stroll in and buy up arms no problem. For any smartass, this isn't concrete that if these were into effect these tragedies would have never happened as they still could potentially get guns another way I will say that but it could at least make it much harder for them which no one should be against. I don't like to make absolute statements but in this case if you truthfully have nothing to hide or a past that's made it obvious you don't need a weapon then you really shouldn't be against this measure.

Gun trafficking as a federal crime? It's a serious issue in the states, especially for the last 20 years, I say do it if only to punish the cretins they catch and hopefully they serve as an example for others. You may never catch the pros but the lesser drones might hesitate.

Increases school security? I don't see why anyone would oppose that especially since the events of the last few years.

And I'm amused as any civil, logical person knows this in no way is trying to take guns away. It's a matter of better security checks, coming down harder on felons doing something that's already illegal, and making schools safer. Please tell me why some see this as taking guns away? It's certainly true there are other things they are talking about right now that deal with that matter (like the assault rifles and such) but that's not what this issue was about. I can only assume some viewed this as such because they thought this would only be the beginning.

I'm not against people having guns and I know taking them away now won't change a damn thing. In other countries people can live without them but that's because they've been doing it for so long. Guns have existed in this country forever, you can't simply think passing anything (not that they will ever pass something that will do so) will magically make arms disappear suddenly. It would just make the country more dangerous if anything. I do support stricter gun control though like the bill had introduced, always have been for tighter regulations involving who can buy them and who can't. It's like I said as long you're not metal or have a violent history you're going to be fine anyway.
---
Deron Miller of CKY's acoustic album campaign:
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/deron-miller-the-acoustic-album
#44CyborgSage00x0Posted 4/18/2013 5:48:13 PM
^it's the GOP. They just don't care. If it makes too much sense and can stop people from getting murdered, they oppose it.
---
Currently playing: Borderlands 2, LoL, Super Mario 3DS, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Pokemon White 2, NSMB3DS.