This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's with America's obsession with guns?

#101TheRealJiraiyaPosted 4/18/2013 12:04:04 PM
Ben_Ghazi posted...
TheRealJiraiya posted...
SaikyoStyle posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...
You don't think most people who have defended themselves liked that they were able to defend themselves?

I don't think they liked that they had to. Would you like it if you were put in a position where you had to shoot at someone?

I think we can all agree that if you take pleasure in shooting someone, even in self defense, there is something wrong with you.

He wasnt trying to insinuate that was something we like, just that it is a reason to own a gun.

It isnt a prominent reason for me, though. More of a beneficial side effect. I think the likelihood of me ever needing a gun for self defense is really, really low.

There's something wrong with me?

:(

BeNgHaZi D':
---
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. -Plato
http://tinyurl.com/JoinThisIRunIt
#102SaikyoStylePosted 4/18/2013 12:20:29 PM
TheRealJiraiya posted...
SaikyoStyle posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...
You don't think most people who have defended themselves liked that they were able to defend themselves?

I don't think they liked that they had to. Would you like it if you were put in a position where you had to shoot at someone?

I think we can all agree that if you take pleasure in shooting someone, even in self defense, there is something wrong with you.

He wasnt trying to insinuate that was something we like, just that it is a reason to own a gun.

It isnt a prominent reason for me, though. More of a beneficial side effect. I think the likelihood of me ever needing a gun for self defense is really, really low.

I think so too. It's just fun to mess with Sniper because he thinks I'm a rabid anti-gun activist.

And hopefully someone is keeping an eye on Ben_Ghazi.
---
USA Soccer
The north remembers.
#103Sniper_BrosefPosted 4/18/2013 12:29:04 PM
SaikyoStyle posted...
TheRealJiraiya posted...
SaikyoStyle posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...

I think so too. It's just fun to mess with Sniper because he thinks I'm a rabid anti-gun activist.

No, I think you troll me, because you do...
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#104NavexPosted 4/18/2013 12:33:08 PM
Kinda sad how even when used for defense guns can still screw your life up. This varies greatly by state but there are at least a few where even if someone breaks into your house/tries to hurt or kill you/whatever and you shoot them, they can either sue you for doing so or you can be penalized with potential prison time for taking a life assuming you kill the person.
---
Deron Miller of CKY's acoustic album campaign:
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/deron-miller-the-acoustic-album
#105Sniper_BrosefPosted 4/18/2013 12:35:33 PM
Navex posted...
Kinda sad how even when used for defense guns can still screw your life up. This varies greatly by state but there are at least a few where even if someone breaks into your house/tries to hurt or kill you/whatever and you shoot them, they can either sue you for doing so or you can be penalized with potential prison time for taking a life assuming you kill the person.

That's why a lot of states were pushing for stand your ground laws. It helps protect citizens from bogus crimes because they were forced to defend themselves.
---
#106TheRealJiraiyaPosted 4/18/2013 12:37:11 PM
Sniper_Brosef posted...
Navex posted...

That's why a lot of states were pushing for stand your ground laws. It helps protect citizens from bogus crimes because they were forced to defend themselves.

Unfortunately, people dont seem to know what SYG actually is, and attack it based on cases where it clearly doesnt apply
---
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. -Plato
http://tinyurl.com/JoinThisIRunIt
#107Sniper_BrosefPosted 4/18/2013 12:59:10 PM
TheRealJiraiya posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...
Navex posted...

Unfortunately, people dont seem to know what SYG actually is, and attack it based on cases where it clearly doesnt apply

All it takes is one sensationalized case. The tragedy that took the life of Trayvon Martin was that case.
---
#108SaikyoStylePosted 4/18/2013 1:04:01 PM
Sniper_Brosef posted...
SaikyoStyle posted...
TheRealJiraiya posted...
SaikyoStyle posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...

No, I think you troll me, because you do...

Moi? Troll you? Why I never...
---
USA Soccer
The north remembers.