This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

This is a bad argument for raising minimum wage

#11jejasin(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 10:25:02 AM
starjackerseth posted...
jejasin posted...

Oh yeah, because turning the crank on the machine isn't an actual job.

It used to be, but then it was outsourced.

lol
---
Literally.
#12azuresou1Posted 4/18/2013 10:26:46 AM
What a stupid argument. Let's say the machine spit out a dollar every minute of cranking. After about 15 minutes of cranking, I'd be bored or tired and stop, regardless of the fact that it's spitting out the equivalent of a $120K salary.
---
Face it, Blake Griffin is more a SF than (Rashard) Lewis is - Bullet_Proof_18
Formerly Known As SSJ5Vegeta
#13Evil Genius 9Posted 4/18/2013 10:29:55 AM
It's a sculpture. It's meant to elicit an emotional response. Stop thinking of it as an "argument".
---
Every day I fight for you. I tell them how smart you are. Turns out, I was wrong. You people are stupid.
-- Dave Chappelle
#14azuresou1Posted 4/18/2013 10:32:57 AM
Evil Genius 9 posted...
It's a sculpture. It's meant to elicit an emotional response. Stop thinking of it as an "argument".

It's meant to elicit an emotional response to push an agenda, hence it very much is an "argument."
---
#15funkeepickPosted 4/18/2013 10:35:35 AM(edited)
jejasin posted...
It's a bad argument because why don't we just let the machine spit out dollars instead of pennies? People will soon realize that a lot of jobs make far less doing much harder work than turning a crank!

So if it makes people think about how little minimum wage really is wouldn't that mean it's a good argument? I don't get it.
---
"I will never post on 261 again if Ron Paul doesn't get 500 delegates at the very least."
~FPSIreland
#16Evil Genius 9Posted 4/18/2013 10:36:11 AM
Evil Genius 9 posted...

It's meant to elicit an emotional response to push an agenda, hence it very much is an "argument."

What school did you go to that taught you sculptures ever constitute arguments?

---
---
#17azuresou1Posted 4/18/2013 12:06:46 PM
Anything that is used to push an agenda is an argument, whether it be in the form of literature or sculpture.
---
#18NavexPosted 4/18/2013 12:36:24 PM
Yes, because it's an appalling crime for people to live and not do so in rags, living solely on check to check, and without any other cent to their name. It's a naive wish but I do wish everyone could live without worry of bills and where their rent money is coming from next. I'm not suggesting everyone should be rich just that I really hate knowing there are poor people out there who can't get by or barely can.
---
Deron Miller of CKY's acoustic album campaign:
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/deron-miller-the-acoustic-album
#19chaoslordisgoodPosted 4/18/2013 12:37:19 PM
Evil Genius 9 posted...
Evil Genius 9 posted...

What school did you go to that taught you sculptures ever constitute arguments?

Artwork, which a sculpture is, is very capable of making an argument.
---
Lik-Sang was a criminal organization - C4111